Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

need Wasp/Hornet help!

Old 12-10-2014, 05:30 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Or hey....non chemical way to remove..........portable vacuum cleaner......suck em up.
We used vacuum cleaners alot when we needed to remove problem pests but the situation dictated no insecticides. You get very good grasshopper sucking that critter on the fly.
best time to do that.
at first light or after dark. . All wasps, hornets, and bees are very photo sensitive and quit flying when its dark. I used to tease the thousands we had in cages in a lit room with no windows. Flip the light switch off and the i sect would hit the stainless steel cage floor and it sounded like hail hitting a tin roof.
flip the switch back on and it was a roar of instant buzz......

JW

JW
Old 12-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

Psssst, wanna know a cheap lil secret about ALL wasps, yellow jkts, hornets etc??? My grandad taught me decades ago that simple soapy water KILLS THEM GRAVEYARD DEAD! Now I'm not an Entomologist but I think I've been told that those types of bugs breath thru their bodies somehow & the soapy water does two things. 1). It coats their wings & makes them unable to fly so they hit the ground instantly. 2). Because of that "breathing thru their skin", that coat of soapy water on their body essentially drowns them on contact.

Get a plastic quart squirt bottle, put a couple of teaspoons of dish washing liquid in it, fill it with water & "go huntn"!

Another way I've gotten rid of those late fall/early winter masses/clumps of wasps is to mix a whole 1gal pitcher of water/soap & use the "shotgun" approach with it. The whole thing at once on a large mass of bugs!

& yes, wait til dark to get ALL of them at a particular spot. Plus they can't see or fly very well in the dark so there's very little chance of them defending against or coming after you then!

Been doing it for years, saved LOT$ of money & don't have to worry about breathing or getting those chemicals allover you!