Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Only 10min after I freshened a scrape, I could have shot a doe in front of my camera! >

Only 10min after I freshened a scrape, I could have shot a doe in front of my camera!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Only 10min after I freshened a scrape, I could have shot a doe in front of my camera!

Old 12-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default Only 10min after I freshened a scrape, I could have shot a doe in front of my camera!

I make a mock-scrape by my tree stand every year, and always have good results of deer stopping through before, during, and after the rut and hunting seasons! (I've posted the video before, but this shows my results from the mock-scrape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtpFxUImwcI )

..anyways, during the hunting season, I put a few drops of a Tink's Trophy Buck piss into the scrape on my way in to my tree-stand. I'm sitting about 30-35 yards away from the scrape in my ladder stand, and a couple does and a 6-point buck come through only 10 minutes later! I could have shot the doe no problem, but instead decided to see how she'd react to my grunt call. I'm kind-of wishing I would have shot her for the meat, and It'd have made for one heck of a video right in front of my trail camera.

Here's the video of the deer coming in 10-min after I came in. Unfortunately the 6-pointer stayed off camera:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p83qHxzemc

Keep those scrapes fresh!