Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

lightened up my climber

Old 12-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default lightened up my climber

I bought a back up climber to keep here at the house while my other climbers are at my lease..

It weighed in at 35# I just shaved 1# off the foot climber and will take at least the same off the seat climber part, none of this will affect the structural integrity.. two or three pounds my not seem like much but every little bit helps when you are carrying it a mile or more... Now if my summit stirrups would get here we are ready to hunt..
Attached Thumbnails lightened up my climber-downsized_1202141205.jpg  

Last edited by ojibwa; 12-02-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

How do you know it won't affect it? I guess that's you're prerogative, but if people read your post, decide to do the same thing and something bad happens because they screw up, that would be a real shame and possibly result in serious injury or death!
Old 12-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't see what you did. Is it not obvious or am I just blind?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rockport
I can't see what you did. Is it not obvious or am I just blind?
lots and lots of holes...
Old 12-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
How do you know it won't affect it? I guess that's you're prerogative, but if people read your post, decide to do the same thing and something bad happens because they screw up, that would be a real shame and possibly result in serious injury or death!
because I know tad about welding a metal const, that being said if you drill holes in the side it could weaken you need to drill through top and make sure to space at least an inch and a half..... thank you for your concern though..
Old 12-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ojibwa
lots and lots of holes...
Yep its obvious now that you pointed it out.

Looks scary to me, I'll just carry the extra pound lol
Old 12-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, it would seem that if the manufacturer was okay with doing it and wanted to lighten their stand and still keep it safe that they would have done that quickly with their own machinery. I hope it doesn't lead to problems.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

just climbed a tree in the back yard and bounced up and down on, admiadly I was only a few feet off the ground when I did and only weigh 180#..lol...
I then climbed up to 15' and back down... weighed the stand before and after cut right at 2# off... 33# now but it is a very comfy stand..

big diff in it and my north star climber I think it weighs 18#..
Old 12-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ojibwa
just climbed a tree in the back yard and bounced up and down on, admiadly I was only a few feet off the ground when I did and only weigh 180#..lol...
I then climbed up to 15' and back down... weighed the stand before and after cut right at 2# off... 33# now but it is a very comfy stand..

big diff in it and my north star climber I think it weighs 18#..
I need to get me a new climber. I used to always hunt climbers and loved it but I guess for whatever reason I just haven't had one in awhile.

I have a guy now that seems to have decided his strategy is to just crowd in on me and mess things up for both of us so I'll have to get me a new climber and give him the slip.

Last edited by rockport; 12-02-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

I need to get me a new climber. I used to always hunt climbers and loved it but I guess for whatever reason I just haven't had one in awhile.
A lot of good ones out there the north star is a good one but they don't make them any more not super comfy but light.. Saddy most of the real comfy ones tend to be heavier or real $$$$$ summit, ol man etc etc etc super light ones like tree walker and timber tall are super light but close to $400.. I would stay away from the tree lounge had one hated it bulking noisy and not real easy to climb with..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.