Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone in Virginia

Old 12-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Spike

Default Anyone in Virginia

I have been hunting my farm a while, and have not seen any deer for the past week. My brother inlaw shot a 9pt that had for doe with him 4 days ago. This is highly unusual for my farm. Im used to seeing 20 to 30 deer at a clip come out. However we did just chop the corn in the field a week ago, followed but the soybean. Any one else not seeing much in Va?
Old 12-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Marine0311
I have been hunting my farm a while, and have not seen any deer for the past week. My brother inlaw shot a 9pt that had for doe with him 4 days ago. This is highly unusual for my farm. Im used to seeing 20 to 30 deer at a clip come out. However we did just chop the corn in the field a week ago, followed but the soybean. Any one else not seeing much in Va?
Sorry for the spelling errors, seems my phone is slower than my typing speed haha. Apologies!
Old 12-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

It seems it is slow throughout the state this year.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by vapahunter
It seems it is slow throughout the state this year.
When does the second rut come in? Isn't it close to the second week in December? Where in Va are you located? I am in Nokesville. I know a lot of the deer we had been seeing were bedding in the corn. I would imagine it taking them a bit to come back in to the fields since we cut it last week. Tell me your thoughts???
Old 12-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Marine0311
When does the second rut come in? Isn't it close to the second week in December? Where in Va are you located? I am in Nokesville. I know a lot of the deer we had been seeing were bedding in the corn. I would imagine it taking them a bit to come back in to the fields since we cut it last week. Tell me your thoughts???
Good question on the second rut. I am in the Amelia area. Believe there are a number of reason this year is tough. Disease, acorns, weather take your pick. None of which are controllable so just gave to tough it out I guess,