Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

So who is hunting this week

Old 11-29-2014, 03:33 AM
Fork Horn

I froze my butt off in low teens temps all day Thursday and didn't see one deer. Seems they were too smart to be out in that crap, unlike me. Think I'm hanging the bow up and concentrating on the shotgun season now. Borrowed a rangefinder and ranged and mapped my dad's place yesterday, so I should be good to go on point of aim anywhere out there.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:34 AM
Spike

Hrmph. It was perfect deer hunting weather most of the week, but I wasn't able to go. Got a bunch to do today, too.

Maybe next week won't be too warm...
Old 11-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

hunted with the wife all weekend didn't even carry my gun or bow... Guiding her trying to get her on her first rifle deer, she has killed a couple with a bow..

I sat with her in a couple diff pop ups grunting and rattling for her, She missed a doe sat morning, was about a 100 yd shot.. I can count the number of times she has shot a rifle on one hand...

Last edited by ojibwa; 12-01-2014 at 04:32 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Spike

Will be out and about looking for some fine meat to make some JERKY out of!!! And a couple tenderloins for a friend in need. Hunting has slowed down drastically here in Va though!!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 03:05 AM
Fork Horn

First Season Shotgun starts Saturday. I'm all set up in Dad's shed with a space heater and shooting table, and yardage Map. Now all I have to do is clean the shotgun, change the ammo in my XDM out, and Brew up some coffee! If only this week would get over.....
Old 12-02-2014, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

Going to head out again Friday AM and hunt through Sunday afternoon... the weather might be a factor as will as the moon phase this weekend...

I little warm and the moon will be full.. But as they say you can't kill one from the couch..