Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trail Cam Question.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:49 AM
Spike

Default Trail Cam Question.

Are trail cams usually water proof. I doesnt say anything on the camera or package. So i was wondering if most were waterproof? planning on putting my cam out today. But its raining/snowing.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Most are "water resistant"but not water proof.. I know semantics..

The only cams I have ever had water get into were cheaper TASCO cams... I was able to cure the problem by beefing up the seal..

Your cam should be fine.....unless it's a tasco...lol

Last edited by ojibwa; 11-26-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are typically "weather proof" so typically fine out in rain/snow/sleet, but don't drop them in a pond.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are made for the Outdoors/Bad Weather.....some are better sealed than others.It wouldn't hurt to put some type of cover over the top of a trail camera if possible,most of mine are exposed and have held up just fine but the snow and freezing rain can make it pretty difficult to open in harsher Winter Weather!