HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   would you be for??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/395853-would-you.html)

ojibwa 11-23-2014 11:19 AM

would you be for???

any weapon any season on private property only..

I mainly bow hunt the whole season very seldom do I pick up a gun.. But if I only gun hunted and only hunted on private property it would be nice if I could hunt from opening day of "deer" season to the end of season with my rifle or shotgun..

nchawkeye 11-23-2014 11:24 AM

Private or public is fine with me, just tell us what the limit is, not how to kill them!! :)

I seldom us a centerfire, prefer my flintlock, make it my choice..

Oldtimr 11-23-2014 11:36 AM

I would not be in favor of that. Too many people who do nt have access to private property. I have zero problem with seasons as they are now. At least in my state, hunters have more days and more sporting arms seasons than in any tme in history. What ypu are proposing would most certainly shorten deer season in most if not all states.

7.62NATO 11-23-2014 11:38 AM

Very much against. What neighbors do affect the deer on your property

flags 11-23-2014 12:12 PM

Nope. Regs are usually put in place for a reason. In my native CO, when the elk are bugling they only allow "primitive weapons" such as archery and blackpowder to keep from killing too many of the breeding bulls.

Besides, some people have a loose interpretation of "private property" and don't pay attention to bounadries.

Kelbar 11-23-2014 12:18 PM

I would be against it as well. Greatly diminish the numbers of animals.

MZS 11-23-2014 04:57 PM

I like the way it is now. Bow season, gun season, and then muzzleloader and late season bow. The bow season is just a lot less crazy and I have shot many more deer with a bow than gun. Regular deer gun, even on my private land, often does not pan out and I have skipped it a bunch of times - neighbors bait deer off my land. Muzzleloader, since it is after the regular gun is a nice time since the peace returns, even to public land. My private land is best in early season with bow - if guns were allowed, I am fairly certain that my success would be limited by all the neighbors gun hunting over their bait piles. Having different seasons better allows for all preferences better.

ManofTheFall 11-24-2014 05:03 AM

I would definitely be against that. One of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

grinder67 11-24-2014 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by flags (Post 4171537)
Nope. Regs are usually put in place for a reason. In my native CO, when the elk are bugling they only allow "primitive weapons" such as archery and blackpowder to keep from killing too many of the breeding bulls.

Besides, some people have a loose interpretation of "private property" and don't pay attention to bounadries.

This 100% especially the last part!!!!!!

Mojotex 11-24-2014 07:02 AM

Nope.

The way it has been everywhere I have hunted, though the regs are often vastly different from one state to another, have seemed to me to be reasonable. Back in the days of "kill 'em if you can" , unregulated hunting the numbers of what we now consider to be game animals , from alligator to water fowl to bison dwindled dramatically. In some cases to extinction ... the Carrier Pigeon being one well known example.