Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where to start?

Old 11-22-2014, 06:10 AM
Spike

the two man system is actually really smart. i will have to give that a try
Old 12-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Spike

I am in a similar spot as you. I am trying to make sure I learn honestly, but gather information to help shorten the curve a little. I am documenting, so to speak, to help other people in my situation understand it doesn't take a $1,000 to get started and be successful. Take a look at it and see if you can get any information from it.
http://perrybarnett.wordpress.com/category/hunting/
Old 12-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jrichard6817
the two man system is actually really smart. i will have to give that a try
Be aware that method is not a good idea at all for long term success unless you have a very very large area to hunt.

Still hunting in general is a bad idea IMO unless you have A LOT of land to hunt.(and it will still be less productive)

If your still hunting the same deer over and over they will simply figure it out before you do and you will be out of luck.

That is my opinion anyway.

I personally think you should just go pick up a ladder stand, sit,observe, and be patient.

IMO still hunting as a beginner is likely to ruin your hunting before you even get a chance to learn anything.

This stuff can vary quite a bit depending on the amount and type of land your hunting.

If were talking about a 10 acre plot of woods your looking at a couple shots at running pushed deer followed by a lot of unsuccessful outings with 0 deer sightings. Even on 100 acres that stuff will kill your hunting spot rather quickly.

Just my opinion but I don't think chasing the deer out of your hunting spot is where to start.

Last edited by rockport; 12-02-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

What ^ he said! Find a decent travel corridor, put up a stand and go in and out of it using the wind so you don't get busted and sit still.