HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Sick of hunting product "Technology" (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/395656-sick-hunting-product-technology.html)

redwhiteblue 11-16-2014 05:10 AM

Sick of hunting product "Technology"

A ball is round, so we'll call it "Spherical Technology"

A toilet swirls when you flush it, so we'll call it "Vortex Technology"

Shoelaces overlap each other, "Cross-Lace Technology"

Toilet paper is rolled, "Concentric-Wrapping Technology"

I wish the companies we buy our gear from would quit insulting our intelligence with all their BS technologies. Most of these technologies are nothing more than an observable trait of the product, renamed to make us think it was specifically engineered to be that way.

I want to buy a product that is systematically engineered and equipped with a "No BS Technology." A product that is just a good product, without the smoke and mirrors.

Sorry for my rant, but I had to get that off my chest, using a little "Tension-Release Technology"

Oldtimr 11-16-2014 05:42 AM

Ever think technology is destroying the challenges that makes hunting fun and puts success above the experience? Technology is why we have so many in our ranks who depend on gadgets and gizmos instead of learning skills and having knowledge.

redwhiteblue 11-16-2014 06:14 AM

Great point Oldtimr! I often wonder how many hunters would still be able to bag deer if the proverbial shi* hit the fan and their GPS, phone apps, etc didn't work anymore. Heck, I know a few that would be screwed without their cabin-blind and bean field.

I think there's a ton of merit in learning/mastering traditional hunting techniques and not relying on technology or agriculture. I've often considered putting together a hunting set up using nothing but the tools we had 200 years ago. Wool clothing, oiled canvass packs & shelters, etc.

flags 11-16-2014 06:30 AM

The only thing you can do is vote with your wallet. Nobody makes you buy the crap. You and only you will decide what you need to hunt and how you want to hunt. If you're like me and don't want all the new B.S. then you wont buy it.

I still use the same rifle I have used for the last 38 years. I had to replace the scope but I put on a run of the mill Leupold. I use the same handload with Nosler Partitions that I have used for decades. I don't own a GPS because I know how to use a map and a compass. I don't own a smart phone. I don't do facebook. I don't own an atv and I pack my game out boned on a packframe. My 2002 truck with a standard transmission still gets me into and out of the woods. I still carry an old Case trapper for my field dressing and sharpen it on an old arkansas whet stone.

Bottom line, technology will only impact your hunting if you let it.

gjersy 11-16-2014 06:33 AM

Hey redwhiteblue, check out Wilderness Outfitters on Youtube he does the things your talking about, on some videos.