HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/395632-buck-down-my-best-yet-short-video.html)

DDAdventures 11-14-2014 08:34 PM

Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video

Hello all. I've seen this forum for a while and finally decided to join. I look forward to sharing experiences and seeing yours. I decided to make my first post a short video of the last buck I killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ne7timAHQk

flags 11-15-2014 09:17 AM

Good buck. But the fence and the feeder kind of put me off. Don't think I'd like to hunt that way. I know it is legal in TX, but it isn't my cup of tea. I'd have rather stalked him down than shot him over bait.

But, to each his own as long as it is legal.

WrackMaster 11-16-2014 04:45 PM

Darn nice buck! Congrats! What did he score?

uncle matt 11-16-2014 08:15 PM

Yes, the deer has a nice rack.

I thought it was going to be a hunting video. It turned out to be just a shooting video. Looks like the most exertion was walking over to the deer.

I just agree with what flags said.

jls456 11-17-2014 08:49 AM

Don't matter which way you got him,its a nice Buck.

7.62NATO 11-17-2014 09:28 AM

You waited to join until you "produced" this video of a canned hunt? I wonder how many other forums this stink bomb has been dropped on?

Great buck. But make no mistake about it…he was not hunted.

DDAdventures 11-17-2014 10:46 AM

Ok. To those who bash this type of hunting....yes it is different, obviously than you are used to. I don't bash your type of hunting whatever it may be and I never will. I'm pretty sure I've done it and I love it. Sitting in a blind in Texas is typical and readily available to me all season any day I want. I pursue mule deer and elk yearly all over colorado and New Mexico, I've never taken a mule deer to brag about but have taken numerous elk. These are spot and stalk hunts....just another way of hunting. Whatever your way of hunting is, as long as it's legal...good for you, go get em. No fence, low fence, high fence, offense, defense.....whatever.
I think as hunters we need to protect each other rather than bash each other as we are a small group with constant criticism from non-hunters.
Not that it matters but the hunt was not canned. You see a fence... Not sure about your deer but the deer in Texas can jump. It's a short fence to keep cows out of a pasture.

rockport 11-17-2014 11:00 AM

People that are deer hunters actually thought that fence was keeping deer in?

Maybe its different else where I guess but the deer I hunt would jump that fence without a second thought.

7.62NATO 11-17-2014 12:19 PM

Sorry I don't buy into all the canned phrases. I'm not saying it shouldn't be legal and I would oppose any group to try to make that form of "hunting" illegal. But there are lots of things that are "legal" that I don't like, so the "as long as it's legal" and "we hunters have to stick together" bunk doesn't fly with me. Because I voice my distaste for this doesn't mean I'm dividing so the anti's can conquer. Gimme a break.

IMO this is no different than putting a feeder in your back yard and shooting the deer in your slippers through the kitchen window. Is it not? If it is, how?

ojibwa 11-17-2014 12:28 PM

nice buck and killed under legal means congrats... don't let the naysayers cut you down most would do in a heart beat if it was legal in their states.. I have hunted in states where it was legal to hunt over bait and took full advantage, I currently hunt in a state where it is illegal [and shouldn't be] I still have a feeder on my property just can't hunt within 200yds...

We as hunters need to stop attacking others who hunt under legal means just because we don't agree with their methods..

The antis call that divide and conquer :bash:

AGAIN CONGRATS..

btw this was not a canned hunt far from it , if you think it was you don't have a clue what a canned hunt is...