Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video >

Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video

Old 11-20-2014, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ojibwa
just ribbing you a bit... Didn't now that, I do know there are several states up and down the east coast that don't allow Sunday hunting.. It goes back to antiquated out of date blue laws..
Well I was really thinking about just punching you and DD in the face but didn't want to admit it.

Yeah, it's new this year. Thankfully no dogs are allowed (for deer hunting) on Sundays and and you can't hunt within 200 yards of a church.

Oooo, let's talk about deer dogs now.

KIDDING.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Well I was really thinking about just punching you and DD in the face but didn't want to admit it.

Yeah, it's new this year. Thankfully no dogs are allowed (for deer hunting) on Sundays and and you can't hunt within 200 yards of a church.

Oooo, let's talk about deer dogs now.

KIDDING.
lmao.................
Old 11-20-2014, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

That seems unconstitutional....
Old 11-20-2014, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
That seems unconstitutional....
Um…so are lots of things in this country. You don't really believe we are free, do you?
Old 11-20-2014, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Um…so are lots of things in this country. You don't really believe we are free, do you?
Well that one is pretty blatant.

"prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion"
Old 11-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport
Well that one is pretty blatant.

"prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion"
That isn't the reason the states don't allow hunting on Sunday. The official reason given is along the lines of "allowing the game a break and to give non-hunters a day in the woods without being exposed to hunters". At least that was the reason given when I lived in VA. But the actual reason VA didn't allow Sunday hunting was because the dog hunters didn't want it and they controlled enough of the legislature to keep it off the books.

One thing to note though is that hunting and the right to hunt isn't covered anywhere in the Constitution. As such it is solely up to the states to regulate within their borders in accordance with the 10th Amendment. Even the SCOTUS has ruled on this. And I don't want the Feds involved because I sure don't want people like Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton and Harry Reid ruling on my hunting. Do you?
Old 11-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Spike

I don't use outfitters. And if you can't see the difference between scouting for deer based on sign and putting a feeder up for deer to come to, well, what can I say?

Ya got me.

Here's the thing. As another member stated, we might as well have watched you cut the grass. If you want to completely remove all the skill involved in being a hunter and then show us your "biggest buck to date" taken in this manner, just be prepared for a little flack. I'm not impressed in the slightest. Doubly so with the cheesy video.

What are you trying to accomplish with Double D adventures anyway? I mean, do you have a goal in mind or is it just something you're doing for fun? You really didn't even look genuinely excited with the kill.

Others have made good points about what it means to be in state that allows baiting. That is something I wasn't really considering. I am very glad Virginia doesn't allow it, but I understand feeling like you have to do it. I really, really enjoy venison (and the organic nature of the deer I hunt) and I might take a couple of deer under bait to ensure I had a some venison for the year. But I would have to try to take deer in a much less molested environment to feel like I was actually hunting.

In my short bit of hunting experience I've killed a big buck and a few decent ones. But my most prized kills have been a mature spike and mature doe because of the way I hunted them.
7.62NATO-

That's fine.... you don't use outfitters, thanks for putting that out there. We all aren't as blessed as you

Double "D" Adventures is no more than the name of our YouTube channel at this point. It's just a couple of buddies that film our outdoor adventures. (Waterfowl, Deer, Fishing etc.) I wouldn't dare post a fishing video on here because yes, I DO USE BAIT. I think our videos are just better than pictures. I'll post them just like you would post a picture......if you killed anything. I am prepared for the flack I receive, even your unnecessarily rude comments. Fortunately for you, the more you comment on my video, the less it matters to me. Your comments actually make me sense a little jealousy though.

For whatever it's worth, congrats on your kills. I understand you not being the proudest of your biggest. The best hunt I have ever been on was an elk hunt where I only had one shot opportunity and missed.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DDAdventures
7.62NATO-

That's fine.... you don't use outfitters, thanks for putting that out there. We all aren't as blessed as you

Double "D" Adventures is no more than the name of our YouTube channel at this point. It's just a couple of buddies that film our outdoor adventures. (Waterfowl, Deer, Fishing etc.) I wouldn't dare post a fishing video on here because yes, I DO USE BAIT. I think our videos are just better than pictures. I'll post them just like you would post a picture......if you killed anything. I am prepared for the flack I receive, even your unnecessarily rude comments. Fortunately for you, the more you comment on my video, the less it matters to me. Your comments actually make me sense a little jealousy though.

For whatever it's worth, congrats on your kills. I understand you not being the proudest of your biggest. The best hunt I have ever been on was an elk hunt where I only had one shot opportunity and missed.
You implied that I might use them, I was just saying I don't. Not sure what that has to do with being blessed…most states have public land to hunt, do they not? And most people don't have 200 private acres like you do.

Sorry if they were unnecessarily rude. I was really just trying to be only slightly rude.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

No jealousy here.

Maybe we CAN agree on something, then!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

now for the real reason

Currently 11 states (Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia) have such restrictions or prohibitions that date back to "blue laws" enacted in the 1700s.

What Are Blue Laws?

Sunday trade restrictions (or Blue Laws) were commonly enacted during the colonial period in America, and well into the 1800's. They were justified on "Old Testament" grounds.1 However, as one author suggested, "While it is easy to think of economic reasons why God might have commanded us to stop working from time to time, it is not clear why He commanded us all to rest at the same time."2
What Is Their Purpose?

During the later part of the 19th century, these restrictions began to be challenged by merchants' associations and by 1970 only 25 states still had Blue Laws. This number had fallen to 13 by 1984.3 As one economist suggests, positive externalities can arise from resting or enjoying free time collectively; however, negative externalities can also result from synchronized economic activity. This is especially true for retail activities which by definition require some to work while others do not.4
How Change Can Impact

Today, 11 states either prohibit or restrict hunting on Sunday. Were these states to eliminate these outdated restrictions, and simply allow hunting on all Sundays within the dates of the current hunting season, it is estimated that over 27,000 new jobs would be created. These are good jobs, paying over $730 million in wages, and contributing about $2.2 billion in additional economic activity to the states in question.