Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video >

Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Down!! My best yet.....Short Video

Old 11-18-2014, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rockport
Just out of curiosity if you have 2 people and a camera why did you film everything besides the buck and the kill?

It has a very reality tv recreation feel to it.
There were 2 people and 2 cameras. I had one cam set up at the feeder because I thought that is where the kill would take place. I had the other cam set up in the blind pointing down at us. The buck presented itself in a different area than the feeder and I already had the other cam set up with no time to grab it. These are GoPro cams so getting the kill from a distance further than 50 yards ish would not be very clear, it would look too far away to make anything out because the super wide angle lens.
There was a production shot at the beginning of us getting into the blind, yes I had to get back out to retrieve the camera.
No recreation, no tricks, no Michael Bay explosions. It's a legit kill.
Believe what you will though.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:48 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DDAdventures
There were 2 people and 2 cameras. I had one cam set up at the feeder because I thought that is where the kill would take place. I had the other cam set up in the blind pointing down at us. The buck presented itself in a different area than the feeder and I already had the other cam set up with no time to grab it. These are GoPro cams so getting the kill from a distance further than 50 yards ish would not be very clear, it would look too far away to make anything out because the super wide angle lens.
There was a production shot at the beginning of us getting into the blind, yes I had to get back out to retrieve the camera.
Like I said before though, without the footage of the kill, we might as well be watching you do anything the first 2 minutes. Something to keep in mind next time you put this much effort into capturing your experience. It might not be a bad idea to keep the feeder out of the shot for aesthetic effect, and apparently you should plow that fence over before it causes another civil war. Cows be damned.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe you killed the deer. I was just giving my opinion/advice for future reference that it has a reenactment feel to it.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Skinbasket
Like I said before though, without the footage of the kill, we might as well be watching you do anything the first 2 minutes. Something to keep in mind next time you put this much effort into capturing your experience. It might not be a bad idea to keep the feeder out of the shot for aesthetic effect, and apparently you should plow that fence over before it causes another civil war. Cows be damned.
Originally Posted by rockport
I believe you killed the deer. I was just giving my opinion/advice for future reference that it has a reenactment feel to it.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

You answered your own question here. I overcame everything by simply building a deer blind. Who knows maybe this deer blind concept will catch on one day.
So what you are saying is you aren't sitting by a used trail on the ground or in tree where the deer are known to travel (by either the outfitter sitting you down there or a camera you have set up) ready to kill it at the "ambush point"
I don't use outfitters. And if you can't see the difference between scouting for deer based on sign and putting a feeder up for deer to come to, well, what can I say?

concealed with face paint and camo to "conceal all movement" and scent killer to "prevent wind from being a factor. Or is this what you do....completely taking yourself out of the element in just another way than I do.
Ya got me.

Here's the thing. As another member stated, we might as well have watched you cut the grass. If you want to completely remove all the skill involved in being a hunter and then show us your "biggest buck to date" taken in this manner, just be prepared for a little flack. I'm not impressed in the slightest. Doubly so with the cheesy video.

What are you trying to accomplish with Double D adventures anyway? I mean, do you have a goal in mind or is it just something you're doing for fun? You really didn't even look genuinely excited with the kill.

Others have made good points about what it means to be in state that allows baiting. That is something I wasn't really considering. I am very glad Virginia doesn't allow it, but I understand feeling like you have to do it. I really, really enjoy venison (and the organic nature of the deer I hunt) and I might take a couple of deer under bait to ensure I had a some venison for the year. But I would have to try to take deer in a much less molested environment to feel like I was actually hunting.

In my short bit of hunting experience I've killed a big buck and a few decent ones. But my most prized kills have been a mature spike and mature doe because of the way I hunted them.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

why do you guys from the Virginians seem so angry? Is it the no Sunday hunting thing? lol

I know I'd be pissed all the time if I couldn't hunt on Sunday...

BTW My avatar buck was killed free rage GA no outfitter.. but every now and then I do get the urge to hunt out of state and when I do I normally use an outfitter...
Old 11-20-2014, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ojibwa
why do you guys from the Virginians seem so angry? Is it the no Sunday hunting thing? lol

BTW My avatar buck was killed free rage GA no outfitter.. but every now and then I do get the urge to hunt out of state and when I do I normally use an outfitter...
They can't hunt on Sunday? Thats terrible.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ojibwa

We can hunt private land on Sundays.

Who is angry?
Old 11-20-2014, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
We can hunt private land on Sundays.

Who is angry?
just ribbing you a bit... Didn't now that, I do know there are several states up and down the east coast that don't allow Sunday hunting.. It goes back to antiquated out of date blue laws..

Virginia

Connecticut

Pennsylvania

Maine

Massachusetts

Delaware

Maryland

New Jersey

North Carolina

South Carolina

West Virginia

Last edited by ojibwa; 11-20-2014 at 05:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.