Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rut?

Old 11-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Spike

Default Rut?

What's everybody seeing? Rifle season opens here in Missouri this weekend. Going for one last bow hunt tomorrow before the woods come alive with orange. Haven't been able to really tell here, but I know bucks are roaming. The beginning should be here.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Spike

Been a strange year for rut almost like its is running late. Here in NH Wednesday was first day for rifle and only one deer got tagged here in the woods where we hunt out of. That is really unusual.

Hutch
Old 11-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in IL but only like 10 miles from Mo and its full on here. Of course the moon has been full on as well so that hasn't helped.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Spike

This is my first post but I thought I might chime in. I am in NE Kansas and I saw a buck out feeding in a corn field by himself tonight. Also saw a doe with young one bedded down. Haven't seen much movement yet here.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Spike

I was out scouting a new piece of property today and startled a couple does. I'm glad I saw them, but I wish I'd seen them before scaring them. Gun season starts Saturday week here, so it's getting a bit close to be scaring deer. It was worth it, though, because this property is going to be a mite easier to hunt than the one I was planning on.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Hopefully it is behind this year. Normally in Indiana it seems the rut is winding down by the time firearms season gets around. We too start this Saturday.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Spike

They are running them does here in Virginia! Running them hard.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Rut is full on here and maybe a bit toward the end of the first rush. Half moon now but with the clouds making it dark may have slowed it down. Has also gotten way colder.

Al
Old 11-14-2014, 03:13 AM
Fork Horn

NE NC. Last week still seen does with fawns and small bucks with hardens.

Yesterday seen a few mature bucks on their feet bird doggin a doe.

I would say it just got prime
Old 11-14-2014, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

Just starting to chase a little here in North central GA.. It's more like following then chasing here right now, but give it a few more days and they should be cranked up..

BTW they are about a week late in my area... Morgan county GA..

I saw a big buck following a doe on the side of the HWY in a field yesterday at 2pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.