HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   How many stands? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/395495-how-many-stands.html)

browtine7 11-09-2014 05:48 PM

How many stands?

Just curious how many different stands everyone has. I see post all the time that makes me believe that the particular hunter only has
one stand in which they hunt. Personally I have 1 climbing stand for versatility. I have 2 Millennium hang on stands. one of which I leave in a (HOT SPOT) and the other one I use to move around. I have 18 chain and ladder's set up to use these stands with. I have 4 shooting houses and 4 tent binds set up. Last but not least I have 12 ladder stands 6 of which are Millennium ladder stands. Now granted you can not have this many set ups on 120 acres ( I hunt approx. 10,000 acres) but even on some of my smaller pieces of property (60 acres) I have at least 4 stand locations. I really believe in not over hunting a particular spot and NEVER hunt a spot if the wind is not right so I like plenty of choice!!!!!!!

tfhunter 11-09-2014 06:55 PM

I have two ladder stands and one hang on stand, but plan on putting in more. Though you hunt on A LOT of property, that still sounds like quite a bit.

Topgun 3006 11-09-2014 07:03 PM

I have about 9 or 10 ladder stands, one permanent steel covered ground blind for real bad weather, and a popup blind to put up anywhere I see activity and need a quickee setup to cover the area and keep my scent down to a minimum.

rockport 11-09-2014 07:44 PM

I probably have 30 or so active over 1000 acres(and would like 30 more) plus a couple ground blinds,a climber, and who knows how many old hang ons hanging around in sheds and barns.

I'm about to start on a box blind to take my family along next winter.

alleyyooper 11-10-2014 01:46 AM

I've got 4 box blinds on 37 acres and have two portable blind I can put any place, do a lot of brush blinds as I come across likely places.

I also have 4 box blinds on 10 acres and the same two portable blinds I can set up.

:D Al

Valentine 11-10-2014 03:53 AM

HA, I'm cheap

Have one climbing stand. Carry it in; carry it out. The same day. Move from tree to tree. Spends its non use time in a shed. Got nearly 20 years on it.

I've had poachers looking for a "stolen" stand, that was there yesterday.

GTOHunter 11-10-2014 04:15 PM

Let's see...in 100 Acres I have 7 ladder Stands,1 Hang-on stand and 1 Climber...going to add 3 more ladder stands after a Rifle Season! :D

Bocajnala 11-11-2014 06:46 AM

I use a climber. And I've got 2 hang on stands, 1 ladder stand. I mostly hunt my climber though. The other stands are for quick hunts when I don't have a lot of time, or to let others use.
-Jake

staywarmguy 11-11-2014 11:00 AM

We have 3 permanent stands and use 3 climbers in about 66 acres. It's about 3 hours away so we take the climbers in case the deer sign dictates. We don't always have the opportunity to scout beforehand.

Buckhunter46755 11-11-2014 12:27 PM

Depends where I am hunting. Always have one set-up sometimes two. One woods I hunt some years I like having two so I have choice and am able to hunt the wind easier. Also have a small pop-up blind I can move around when & if I need to.