Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Treestand stolen mid season?

Old 12-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
fish hooks!
Fish hooks on HEAVY Spider wire!!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tree stands go missing

Hunters hang them 24/7; mostly by their lonesome.

Left outside, they are still worth good money or reuse by a hunter.

It's easier to keep them there in the woods, instead of carrying them home.
Even after one is stolen.

No one ever discovered the hidden hiding spot.

Tools were invented to remove tree stands. Some long before they were ever invented. Thieves don't mind carrying tree stands one way out of the woods. The owner carries it in. He did half the work.

Only a cheap fool would carry a tree stand into and out of the woods, on the same day. Ain't many of them.

Last edited by Valentine; 12-11-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Stainless
I pull cameras out before modern gun and muzzle loader. I never leave anything out through those periods. Just way too many people out roaming around to risk it.
I am worried about someone stealing mine I just got for Christmas and am looking into getting a security box for mine. Look on CamLockBox for a Python cable and the box. The other thing is if anyone has any advice for me on how to protect my ground blind from getting stolen.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Samurile
I am worried about someone stealing mine I just got for Christmas and am looking into getting a security box for mine. Look on CamLockBox for a Python cable and the box. The other thing is if anyone has any advice for me on how to protect my ground blind from getting stolen.
Pop up ground blind? I'd say stay in it!!!!
Old 12-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

^LOL! Yep, it's either that or take it home after every hunt.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

the treestand industry is a billion dollar a year business, read somewhere that 85% of treestands purchased today are purchased to replace stands that were stolen.
that's 850 million dollars worth. I use lock on stands and a climbing stick, the stand is padlocked to the tree, I take the stick in and out with me when I'm hunting in areas that I don't know exactly who is there. might get stolen, but they will earn it.
RR
Old 12-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Pop up ground blind? I'd say stay in it!!!!
I myself am a younger hunter but my neighbors used to do some hunting back there and have all said be careful due to some kids going back there and stealing. My neighbor suggested the same thing that'd be a good scare about 12 at night
Old 01-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Spike

I need to buy some cable locks for my stands. The property is in the middle of a section, with a locked gate on the road where the easement starts, but that is still no guarantee.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by daveco
I need to buy some cable locks for my stands. The property is in the middle of a section, with a locked gate on the road where the easement starts, but that is still no guarantee.
Would be rather pointless to cablelock a pop up blind when a pocketknife will cure the situation.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Stolen Stand

Originally Posted by joker80p
I haven't had much time to hunt but have been out maybe once a week. I have 3 stands at one spot, today I go out one stand is gone. I've had stands there for 3 years had trail cams out never locked anything up I've never even seen anyone back where I go. Today out of no where it's gone a buddy stand with the swing down shooting rail just disappeared
I had some big turd unstrap a ladder stand this year and drop it to the ground. They are all locked now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.