Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Treestand stolen mid season?

Old 12-29-2016, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hung treestands,

left alone, are stolen pre-season, mid-season and late or after the season.
The thief is left alone, to make his getaway.

Never left a treestand in the woods. Never thought I was going to be the first one to discover the tree, and hang a treestand on it.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a stand and a camera stolen unbelievable trash out there love to catch these people and give them what they deserve !
Old 12-29-2016, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Yes , some people really suck . You'd think hunters wouldn't screw each other over like that. I hunt and use cameras on 2 private properties and have had my camera stolen and deleted and brought back by somebody, I assumed a poacher . Also had my best climber stolen on private land . Hunt the LBJ grass lands and see others cameras but can't afford to trust people that much so I don't use a camera and lock my stand for the 3 days it's allowed to be there
Old 12-29-2016, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thieves are thieves, no matter what they are participating in. I know it is frustrating and it costs hard earned money to replace a stolen stand, however, putting out booby traps such as boards with screws in it or fish hooks on wire intended to hurt someone will hurt the person who put it put more than the people they are set up for. If you hurt someone with a booby trap, even on your own property, they will wind up owning you when they sue you. It is not a good idea at all.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Thieves are thieves, no matter what they are participating in. I know it is frustrating and it costs hard earned money to replace a stolen stand, however, putting out booby traps such as boards with screws in it or fish hooks on wire intended to hurt someone will hurt the person who put it put more than the people they are set up for. If you hurt someone with a booby trap, even on your own property, they will wind up owning you when they sue you. It is not a good idea at all.
I was talking about a good Ole fashion ass whooping !
Old 12-29-2016, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
I was talking about a good Ole fashion ass whooping !
That would be just as bad and get you put in the slammer for aggravated assault, etc. I've had a number of ladder stands on state land up here over the years and instead of a strap I chain them to the tree with a padlock and have never had a problem. If someone wanted one they would either have to be carrying a hacksaw or bolt cutters and be looking for stands, rather than just out hunting and happen to run across one of them.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That would be just as bad and get you put in the slammer for aggravated assault, etc. I've had a number of ladder stands on state land up here over the years and instead of a strap I chain them to the tree with a padlock and have never had a problem. If someone wanted one they would either have to be carrying a hacksaw or bolt cutters and be looking for stands, rather than just out hunting and happen to run across one of them.
That's one of the problems in this country we all expect and are forced to use the government to do everything everybody knows that's what's needed is a good Ole fashioned ass kicking then maybe they'd think twice the next time.when a highjacker takes over a plane are we going to wait for a federal official to miraculously come thru the door in flight ! Imo street justice works just like when I grew up.if your within the law you should be able to defend your property and your well being!
Old 12-29-2016, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
That's one of the problems in this country we all expect and are forced to use the government to do everything everybody knows that's what's needed is a good Ole fashioned ass kicking then maybe they'd think twice the next time.when a highjacker takes over a plane are we going to wait for a federal official to miraculously come thru the door in flight ! Imo street justice works just like when I grew up.if your within the law you should be able to defend your property and your well being!
That works now in more and more states if you're within your home and defend it against intruders, but unfortunately that isn't the way it is out in the boonies like we're talking about. Sure, we'd all like to put a whoopin on someone who is stealing our stuff, but we'd be the ones regretting our action after all was said and done, rather than the thief, when we'd be the ones who would be up on a more serious charge than the weasel of a thief!
Old 12-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That works now in more and more states if you're within your home and defend it against intruders, but unfortunately that isn't the way it is out in the boonies like we're talking about. Sure, we'd all like to put a whoopin on someone who is stealing our stuff, but we'd be the ones regretting our action after all was said and done, rather than the thief, when we'd be the ones who would be up on a more serious charge than the weasel of a thief!
I know that's the problem!we could spend ourselves into oblivion with all the police and government agencies and it's still not working.they have so many people brainwashed to think we need their protection it makes me sick.you can call the sheriff if you want and they can come take your report but if I catch anybody stealing my property I'll take my chances and deal with them on my own terms.besides what are they going to do call the sheriff and say I was stealing and got my ass kicked ?
Old 12-29-2016, 01:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't know but I would bet they would sue you and probably win and then live of your hard work for a while. I think we would all like to take thieves out if we catch them. Unfortunately self help will buy you nothing but trouble. Even the police who are supposed to get the bad guys get charged when it is politically expedient and sued even if they were cleared which in some cases destroys their lives. A little saying to live by, :if you think it will make you feel good, don't do it". Restraint will save your bacon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.