Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer day pack?

Old 11-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

I use a deck vest from BPS. Cost $19.99. It has two large pockets and a large back pocket. If it doesn't fit in there or my pockets it doesn't go.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jls456
I use a Badlands 2200. Great for bringing out the meat,too.
wow i just looked at them and that is honestly in my top two. I also like the Tenzing 2220
Old 11-07-2014, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I think todays hunters carry way to much crap into the hunting woods. I my self could stand to go 16 hours with out eating some thing, but two sandwiches will fit in one cargo pocket with the just in case bag and the home made trail mix.

Al
Old 11-07-2014, 05:47 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by vapahunter
I use a deck vest from BPS. Cost $19.99. It has two large pockets and a large back pocket. If it doesn't fit in there or my pockets it doesn't go.
It does work, but it seems difficult to get up in my hang stand while i have a bunch of bulk rather than a pack. I do do that a lot though especially during rifle season.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
I think todays hunters carry way to much crap into the hunting woods. I my self could stand to go 16 hours with out eating some thing, but two sandwiches will fit in one cargo pocket with the just in case bag and the home made trail mix.

Al
well you my friend must not hunt on large land in the country or youre just very unprepared. Theres a lot more to hunting than just shooting the deer and eating a snack. What do you do after you shoot a deer? drag it by its legs? How do you gut it?
Old 11-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tfhunter
well you my friend must not hunt on large land in the country or youre just very unprepared. Theres a lot more to hunting than just shooting the deer and eating a snack. What do you do after you shoot a deer? drag it by its legs? How do you gut it?
It doesn't take a pack frame ruck sack to carry everything you need for a day-hunt, even including emergency supplies. There's not much sense in carrying 40lbs of gear to walk a half mile to a stand, spend a day, and back home that night.

For deer, I mostly carry dressing tool, extra ammo, and optics, plus a bit of 1st aid supply. When calling coyotes, I carry a LOT more than I do when deer hunting, as I'll have add to that list a decoy, electronic call remote, hand calls, and a few other items.

These are what I use: Military Surplus FLC's. Depending on what I'm hunting, I can swap out the pockets and pouches to only have storage for what I need. For large game hunting where I need a larger pack, these integrate into mil-surp ruck sacks with pack frames as well. A bottle of water and a ziploc bag of trail mix or a PB&J helps. I normally leave them on most of the day, but I can take everything off and put it back on easily, rather than having things in coat pockets. Everything is in front of me, always at hand when I need it.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Big Bear

Good pack.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

I own a Badlands 2200. I like it, but I think it would be overkill for a day pack (unless you have to pack meat out). Badlands makes some smaller packs that might be more appropriate. There's an Easton day pack on Camofire right now (I've noted a lot of packs on Camofire lately) for about $50 -- says MSRP is closer to $150. I can't vouch for Easton though (at least other than arrows).
Old 11-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tfhunter
It does work, but it seems difficult to get up in my hang stand while i have a bunch of bulk rather than a pack. I do do that a lot though especially during rifle season.
Remove vest haul up into stand with line. But each to his own.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is what I wear most often - started using it for hunting coyotes.

I'm a still hunter.........................I'll sit for a while if it "feels" right.

I use it for turkey and deer now too !!!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products

Last edited by Sheridan; 11-07-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.