Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What am I doing wrong?

Old 11-02-2014, 05:36 AM
Spike

Default What am I doing wrong?

So I would say I'm relitively new to hunting. I've hired for 5 years and I've seen one deer the first time I was ever hunting. Ever since then I've never seen a single deer I hardly even hear anything while in the stand yet I hear about these people that see so many see that they stop shooting unless they are 10 point+. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 11-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

There are a lot of variables that could be causing your problem. Where are you hunting at? What type of land are you hunting on? How have you set up your stand? Time of day you are hunting? How long you spend in your stand? How have you been scouting for deer? With a little more information there are a lot of people on this site that can help you out.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

From what you posted and my short answer will come across as absurd, but sounds like you are hunting in an area where there is a very low number of white tail/square mile. Are others in that same general area having success?
Old 11-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, he has not given us any information to form an informed opinion of what he is doing, let alone what he is doing wrong.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

we'll start by contacting your game and fish department and ask them for some help in a location then get your self some really good books and instructional videos not just the hunting ones and make sure you are scent free as possible quiet as possible and that's a great start. let us know how your doing. oh also if you know anybody that can help you would be good as well.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do you see deer sign; tracks, droppings, trails, rubs, scraps ?

You have to hunt where there are deer and you can't push them out of there if there were deer in the area.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default info, info

We will need more info. Location, time of day, do you scout out an area. Do you read books on hunting, Whitetail's .Better discription = better answers.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Actually, he has not given us any information to form an informed opinion of what he is doing, let alone what he is doing wrong.
We definitely need more information on where you are.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Spike

I hunt on my own property(40 acres) by se of trail cameras I know that there are atleast 5 bucks in the area and tons of does no one else realy hunts that area since my grandpa passed away. I usually hunt from 5am-10am then 1pm till dark I use a 17 foot tree stand and I have another stand that's ancient and it's roughly 10 foot the 17 footer has several scrapes and rubs only yards away.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Spike

I hunt in missouri if that helps too haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.