Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
7Rem Mag Barnes TTSX vs Federal Trophy Copper >

7Rem Mag Barnes TTSX vs Federal Trophy Copper

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

7Rem Mag Barnes TTSX vs Federal Trophy Copper

Old 10-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Spike

Default 7Rem Mag Barnes TTSX vs Federal Trophy Copper

I have a box of each. Looking to buy more of whichever shoots better out of my Winchester model 70 chambered in 7mm Rem Mag. Which do you guys like better?
Old 11-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

I've never shot the Federals, but I've had good results with TSX and TTSX bullets in my .300 Weatherby and .375 RUM on animals from 25 pounds to over 1500 pounds.

What animals do you want to hunt with these bullets?

I've had good results with 160 grain Nosler Accubond bullets in my 7mm Rem mag on animals ranging from smaller that pronghorn antelope to elk.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Spike

Default Game

Whitetail. 150+lbs. I use to shoot the federal vital shok 140 grain trophy bonded tip but they aren't available this year. Bought both Barnes and federal trophy copper, because I like buying bullets
Plan on using the Barnes but wanted additional input
Old 11-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Remington's parent company bought Barnes 3-4yrs ago. That's why "the majors" have dropped Barnes & started offering their own monolithic solid/Barnes copies.

I won't promise you that they'll group/shoot together (but I bet they will within "minute of deer") but I CAN assure you that they'll perform exactly the same with respects to terminal ballistics!
Old 11-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Spike

Well I went ahead and chose the TTSX and sighted my rifle in. Only two shots to get it where I wanted it after switching from the TBT. Hope to stack the deer up with them!