Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Which Buck would you kill.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

If you are that old and can't take a extra couple of pounds made be you should get a partner or stop hunting so high up.I am shore you could find someone that should help you if you wasn't so negative to others and their opinions. All the post you make are your why or the high way.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm only negative to those who deserve it. I see reading comprehension is your problem too.

Negative enough for you?
Old 10-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I let young, small buck walk. I do this mainly to extend my hunting seasons. I am perfectly happy to end my season without firing a shot. Just to be out there hunting is what it's all about for me. Yup, I've gotten my share of 140+ buck. I have pictures of them and mounts. I don't degrade others for taking the brown it's down route, or whatever else motivates them. To each his own.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
A trophy hunter just hunts for the rack......... and can tell you what a rack measures from 100yds away. For them the hunt means nothing. It's the kill that's important. If they don't kill a trophy the hunt is a failure.
I'd say imho this is a crock. Why disparage an individual that can score a rack from 100yds away. It's an acquired skill, especially to do it accurately. To say that individuals that can do that the hunt means nothing to them is simply an ignorant statement.

Can't blame individuals like Rockport for taking umbrage with those statements.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by crokit
I'd say imho this is a crock. Why disparage an individual that can score a rack from 100yds away. It's an acquired skill, especially to do it accurately. To say that individuals that can do that the hunt means nothing to them is simply an ignorant statement.

Can't blame individuals like Rockport for taking umbrage with those statements.
You misunderstood me. I'm talking about a true trophy hunter. I know some, and they're exactly like I describe them. That doesn't mean that everybody who has a dead head on their wall is a true trophy hunter. I'm talking about the extreme end of the scale.

At one end of the scale it the true trophy hunter. At the other end is the pure meat hunter. He shoots the first legal animal he sees, and only wants to fill the freezer.

Most everybody else is somewhere in the middle of these two.

Still think it's a crock? I don't pinpoint anybody on forums. I talk in general terms of different types of hunters. I don't judge them unless they're doing something illegal. I simply point out what i've observed over the decades. No bias at all. Even if you try to hang that title on me. You are what you are, and that includes me.

To be honest. I'd hate it if everybody was a still hunter like me. The timber I love to hunt would be packed with hunters, and still hunting won't work like that. So, please don't do it my way.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good god man!!! Why does everybody take it this way. Where the hell did I mention to do it my way? I'm simply telling you how I do it, because you asked.

Don't ask if you don't want an answer! I don't care how anybody hunts. I do care how I hunt, and it's only important to me.

Please..Please.. Please DON"T DO IT MY MY!!!!!!!

Understand now?
You ever think maybe the problem is what you are saying and not they way everybody takes it? I mean your comments are asinine. I didn't ask you how you do it. I ask you the difference between a "trophy hunter" and a "meat hunter" that prefers mature bucks and you respond with absolute nonsense.

Because I choose to hunt the deer that are harder to hunt the hunt means nothing to me? Just asinine

This has nothing to do with how you do it. I don't care how you do it. The problem is because I don't do it your way "the hunt means nothing to me"

geee duh why does everybody take it wrong when I come on a hunting forum and tell them the hunt means nothing to them

The problem is not with "everybody" the problem is with you.

Shooting the first immature animal that walks by doesn't make the hunt mean more to you than it does anybody else.

Last edited by rockport; 10-14-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You misunderstood me. I'm talking about a true trophy hunter. I know some, and they're exactly like I describe them. That doesn't mean that everybody who has a dead head on their wall is a true trophy hunter. I'm talking about the extreme end of the scale.

At one end of the scale it the true trophy hunter. At the other end is the pure meat hunter. He shoots the first legal animal he sees, and only wants to fill the freezer.

Most everybody else is somewhere in the middle of these two.

Still think it's a crock? I don't pinpoint anybody on forums. I talk in general terms of different types of hunters. I don't judge them unless they're doing something illegal. I simply point out what i've observed over the decades. No bias at all. Even if you try to hang that title on me. You are what you are, and that includes me.

To be honest. I'd hate it if everybody was a still hunter like me. The timber I love to hunt would be packed with hunters, and still hunting won't work like that. So, please don't do it my way.
Nobody misunderstood you. You changed your story is what happened and quite frankly it still doesn't make a bit of sense. A true trophy hunter is not what you described at all.

A person that doesn't want to eat the animal, pays somebody else to do the actual hunting, just wants to pull the trigger and show his buddies the horns is no kind of true hunter at all and certainly not capable of being a true trophy hunter.

That is not a trophy hunter....that is a jackass.

Last edited by rockport; 10-14-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Nobody misunderstood you. You changed your story is what happened and quite frankly it still doesn't make a bit of sense. A true trophy hunter is not what you described at all.

A person that doesn't want to eat the animal, pays somebody else to do the actual hunting, just wants to pull the trigger and show his buddies the horns is no kind of true hunter at all and certainly not capable of being a true trophy hunter.

That is not a trophy hunter....that is a jackass.
Right on Rockport he always changes his story. Really like your last statement.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I grow tired of explaining. I didn't change my story. Some of you just can't read. Not sure why i'm even on a whitetail forum.

Later.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Smile

Bye bye then !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.