Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Milo Hanson Buck - would you pass? >

Milo Hanson Buck - would you pass?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Milo Hanson Buck - would you pass?

Old 10-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Milo Hanson Buck - would you pass?

From everything I've read, the Milo Hanson buck was only 3.5-4.5 years old. On the hunting shows, they usually pass up bucks until they are 6.5 years old - especially ones with great genetic potential.

So, did the Hanson buck get shot before it reached it's potential? Would many people pass on it and let it mature another couple years?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I could care less about age and inches of bone! That is wat is ruining hunting, along with the so called experts on the hunting shows who have areas prescouted by others and stands put up by others and hunt over feeders inside fenced properties. If an animal is legal and big enough to suit me, I will kill it and never even thik to measure the antlers. In fact I would rather shoot a big older doe than a buck and I my opinion an old doe is smarter than an old buck. All of this crap about what will it measure makes me want to puke!
Old 10-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

There aint no way i'm ever passin up a buck that size. I gaurentee you put him infront of Will Primos, Shocky, Nugent, etc... theyd all kill him every time.
Attached Thumbnails Milo Hanson Buck - would you pass?-gruenefeld_superbucks1.jpg  
Old 10-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

I would have passed.....out! Anybody who tells you they would even think about passing on that buck is lying to you and themselves.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
Anybody who tells you they would even think about passing on that buck is lying to you and themselves.
X2! Only an idiot would be looking for the age of that buck, seeing the spread & height of horn!
Old 10-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would not have passed on it.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by buckman11
There aint no way i'm ever passin up a buck that size. I gaurentee you put him infront of Will Primos, Shocky, Nugent, etc... theyd all kill him every time.
Pretty sure nugent would shoot it, even if it had spots! He doesn't seem to be to picky
Old 10-13-2014, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

anybody, trophy hunter or not is going to shoot that buck if they have a tag. the area the buck was harvested is about 45 minutes away from my home. the area overall is fairly heavily hunted so a deer like that likely wouldn't make it 2 more years anyway.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

If given the chance, it would definitely be taking a dirt nap.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:53 AM
Spike

I know not one person on here who is telling the truth would pass on that deer thinking it might or might not get bigger in a Yr. or so. I don't think even Lee or Tiffany Lacosky would give it another year in fear of someone else shooting it before them. it was just a deer if you saw it your mind automatically said shoot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.