Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
this is why I hate hunting in warm weather >

this is why I hate hunting in warm weather

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

this is why I hate hunting in warm weather

Old 10-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Spike

Default this is why I hate hunting in warm weather

Had two friends helping me move a stand. One of them looks down and goes "Snake" then he said "Another snake" Was 2 copperheads screw'n not two feet to the left of the ladder. He wasnt wearing snake boots and just happened to look down. Took out both of them with some .20 gauge buckshot. I always wear snake boots but still would hate to be looking at one if I bent down to pick up my cellphone or to get a deer I just shot.

Kinda hard to see them in this pic before I shot them:

Here they are on the road minus their heads:
Old 10-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Spike

I killed one the other day. Walked in to my stand location and took care of a few things. On the way out, I found one on the same trail I just walked in on. He's a gonner.

Last edited by Stainless; 09-17-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

I hate snakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Which is why I like hunting at 11,000ft. If there's snakes there i've never seen one.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang....that'll keep You on Your toes!

Surprisingly I haven't seen very many Snakes this year,and I've been out a lot all year!
Old 10-12-2014, 08:54 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

I'd love to go down south to hunt, But i'd have a hearta stroke if i seen one!
Old 09-17-2015, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the pics but I am not sure I can see one in the top picture, mid to upper left?
Old 09-17-2015, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MaineRida
Thanks for the pics but I am not sure I can see one in the top picture, mid to upper left?
Nope dead center. I can only see a little bit of one there. Just goes to show you just how dangerous a copperhead is in the fall. They blend in like no other. Lord know's I've stepped on more than a few. Tennessee used to be eat plumb up with Copperheads and Cotton Mouth's and more than a few Timber Rattlers.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
...... Tennessee used to be eat plumb up with Copperheads and Cotton Mouth's and more than a few Timber Rattlers.
Plenty of water where I hunt. We've got Canebrakes, cottonmouths and coppers. My season usually starts in Oct. Cool in the mornings but warm enough for them to be sunning later in the day. Don't go anywhere w/out snake boots. I asked a friend if they wanted to do some spring turkey and the reply was that he had gone 2 weeks prior and stopped on the trail only to notice he was surrounded by moccasins and thought he'd never get out unscathed. Needless to say, he wanted no more of it.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MaineRida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.