Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mosquito Reppelent

Old 10-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Spike

my mosquitoes are so big they have ticks. I also think they are immune to repellent, not too mention even scentless stinks. If I can still smell it I know damn well a deer can. I went out and bought a nice bug tamer jacket.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Well I have used the thermacell twice now. Besides the few minutes it takes too create the area no ore Mosquitos. They are so bad on the one property that as soon as you step out of truck you get swarmed. I could see them flying outside the radius Saturday night. Thermacel definitely works
Old 07-28-2018, 01:10 AM
Spike

In my opinion, spreading chemicals around is a half assed bandaid, that pollutes the environment, and doesn't work that well. Or consider buying a mosquito trap, I personally use RockBirds Electric Mosquito Trap even for camping purposes . You'll be amazed at the number of mosquitos that get caught.

Last edited by kellyguinn; 08-13-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

This thread is 8 years old and nowhere did anyone mention spreading chemicals around.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by robbyfine
In my opinion, spreading chemicals around is a half assed bandaid, that pollutes the environment, and doesn't work that well. Or consider buying a mosquito trap, I personally use RockBirds Electric Mosquito Trap even for camping purposes. You'll be amazed at the number of mosquitos that get caught.
I LOVE the chemicals I spray my place with, they turn a other wise useless area into a place I can enjoy
been using for yrs and zero known issue's
I have wildlife in abundance all the time in my yard
when used correctly its as safe as anything else in the world today, which by the way is full of more dangerous things, most ALL your food is treated with chemicals, if you want to start to campaign against chemicals, you might want to start there over worry's about bug sprays IMO
I farm and so do many of my friends, and the chemicals we use are in the many!
add in water treatment plants, ANY factory, all the cleaning agents in stores and homes, and its a chemical world we live in and AIN"T going to change
the HUGE loose of BATs, is a major reason why some bugs are where there at IMO
but no known cause of WHY bats are dying so,
PLAN B, do what';s needed IMO
many places the gov SPRAYS when they get bad
KNOW WHY
because, mosquito's have KILLED more people than any other animal/bug insect alive!
there WAY more dangerous than the APPRIVED chemicals used to get rid of them

Last edited by kellyguinn; 08-13-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Spike

I use repel and hunt the wind. Hunting in east Texas promises alot of heat and extra large mosquitoes.