Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Natural Hunting Skill vs Trail Cams >

Natural Hunting Skill vs Trail Cams

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Natural Hunting Skill vs Trail Cams

Old 10-08-2014, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by troutbum
I don't think the OP was bashing the use of camera's. Some hunters use them some don't. I don't use them, I'm a traditional bow hunter, I rifle hunt , and use a BP rifle. No one is attacking the use of compounds, camera's. No one claimed to be nimrod the hunter or Frank Buck. But it was a great forum with a lot of different answers. Remember even if we think differantly on equipment, We are still all brother's that band together for a common interest: Hunting.
BRAVO! Well said. Some get it some don't.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by handles II
Yes, of course, which is exactly why a person would put a camera in a place that he knows has animals, just as you and/or he would hunt in an area that has animals. Hanging a camera in a parking lot will pretty much tell you what you already knew, just as will hanging one in a certain part of the woods.

That's fine, don't use cameras if you don't like. It certainly doesn't make you a better hunter than someone who does(no matter how hard you beat your chest), nor does it make them a better hunter than you because they use one. That's the point.
LOL..You don't get it either.

You're right cameras don't help. I scout 200 days a year, and it doesn't help me either. I just like to look at trees.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by iowa whitetail
ok if it helps your chances so much, out of all the deer i have on cam ive gotten 2 of them. Your theory is wrong
Could be two more than you would have gotten without the cameras.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
LOL..You don't get it either.

You're right cameras don't help. I scout 200 days a year, and it doesn't help me either. I just like to look at trees.

Yes, I DO get it. As you just said, "Camera's don't help". Therefore you just backed me and everyone else who have said the same. Seems you are simply arguing against yourself.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not buying it. You can do it the old way by scouting, or you can just hang cameras.

Knowing animals are in an area you plan to hunt is always helpful.
Or some people might do both.

At the end of the day I agree hands on skill is on the decline across the board....I just don't think it has anything to do with cameras.

A person with all the skill and drive in the world could still use a camera to get even better.

If your just relying on cameras that is a human problem not a camera problem.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by handles II
Yes, I DO get it. As you just said, "Camera's don't help". Therefore you just backed me and everyone else who have said the same. Seems you are simply arguing against yourself.
You don't get sarcasm either. Do you really think my scouting doesn't help, and I just do it to look at trees?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport
Or some people might do both.

At the end of the day I agree hands on skill is on the decline across the board....I just don't think it has anything to do with cameras.

A person with all the skill and drive in the world could still use a camera to get even better.

If your just relying on cameras that is a human problem not a camera problem.
I'm not sure why nobody wants to admit that cameras don't help. I sure wouldn't be doing something if it doesn't help. I posted a link that says they help, and explained how.

Like I said. I have no problem with using cameras if that what someone does. Just be honest why you're using them. It's like someone using a GPS, and saying they don't help them find their way.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure why nobody wants to admit that cameras don't help. I sure wouldn't be doing something if it doesn't help. I posted a link that says they help, and explained how.

Like I said. I have no problem with using cameras if that what someone does. Just be honest why you're using them. It's like someone using a GPS, and saying they don't help them find their way.
Oh they certainly help. Saying otherwise is just silly.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Spike

Could be two more than you would have gotten without the cameras.
Have you ever bow hunted for whitetails?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is that important?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.