Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Natural Hunting Skill vs Trail Cams >

Natural Hunting Skill vs Trail Cams

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Natural Hunting Skill vs Trail Cams

Old 10-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems more times than not people tend to question tactics not allowed in their state.

Last edited by rockport; 10-07-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I have a simple question for those using trail cams, and say they don't help any.

Why would you spend the money to buy them if they don't help?
because I like to look at the pics. And when you get one on the ground it's neat to have pics of him?
Old 10-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a simple question for those using trail cams, and say they don't help any.

Why would you spend the money to buy them if they don't help?
Because I like to see the pics of nice bucks and share them with my buddies. I often hang cameras where I can't or don't hunt just because I want to get some cool pictures of nice bucks.

Reading about how guys scout with trail cameras, I don't think I have the time or the number of cams to do it right and make it worth while.

If you are trying to eliminate large tracts of public land from your hunting efforts, how would you do it? Put a trail camera up in a random place and not hunt there if there are no pictures? What if the animal walked behind it. Or walked beside it? Unless it walks in front of it, you'll not know it's there. Also, if you see an elk at midnight on the camera, how do you know where he is in the daytime?
Old 10-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Spike

Default You have got to be kidding me!?!?

It amazes me at the thoughts that go through the minds of some people. Every year I read more and more about how worried people are of the anti-hunting crowd and their efforts to put a end to hunting. Well, I'm here to tell you that hunting will be brought to a end by hunters. Hunters who can not get along and accept that some people just do it different.

Hell, don't buy a camera if you don't want one. But, don't think your better or more "skilled" than those who utilize technology. I think the lack of "skill" comes from people taking up hunting and never have been shown what a experienced hunter(s) considers a proper method.A large number of sportsmen every year are first time hunters and they need to be assured that a more experienced hunter can assist the rookie with any issue that may be in question. That issue needs to be and can be addressed in a multitude of ways. And, yes to be blunt I will contribute some portion of it to laziness.

Lastly, I personally loathe the commercialization of hunting. Anytime I see something with " Bone Collector" or " The Crush", "Buck Commander" or any of that other outdoor channel crap, I could just stomp that garbage to the ground. But, I realize that what I consider garbage gets people in the woods. Its one more person in favor of our right to hunt and enjoy nature. Its one more dollar to fight the anti-hunting crowd.

Look at the big picture people. Not believing in something personally is perfectly fine, but don't let your personal preference rule another's actions.

Sorry if I went on a tangent but this is how I feel. I would hate to see our way of life brought down from the inside.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Spike

I just read about using a camera and shooting a deer from home through utilization of a computer. Yea, now that is too far. I'll agree with that.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 7mag_Jake
......I personally loathe the commercialization of hunting. Anytime I see something with " Bone Collector" or " The Crush", "Buck Commander" or any of that other outdoor channel crap, I could just stomp that garbage to the ground.

Amen to that
Old 10-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure it's true, but I read that hunting and fishing brings in 2 billion dollars for Colorado. I'm sure that includes money brought into all the businesses.

No way will the people of Colorado give that up to some tree huggers. I'm sure other states are similar. Don't worry. Hunting isn't going anywhere.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 7mag_Jake
It amazes me at the thoughts that go through the minds of some people. Every year I read more and more about how worried people are of the anti-hunting crowd and their efforts to put a end to hunting. Well, I'm here to tell you that hunting will be brought to a end by hunters. Hunters who can not get along and accept that some people just do it different.
Thanks Jake! You just about summed it up perfectly!
And this is the same way that guns could possibly be outlawed one day, by bickering gun owners!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
is that you in the picture in your avatar?
Yes, that's me on a hunt that I did in Zimbabwe in 2005.

I've maxed out my photo space on this Forum with pics of many of my hunts, including that one.

Last edited by buffybr; 10-07-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't worry. Hunting isn't going anywhere.
Don't get too complacent. There's a booming eco-tourism industry. It may take a while, but we should never let our guards down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.