Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mixed emotions

Old 10-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Post was definitely changed. He said he wounded the deer on the first shot and didn't kill it with the remaining 2 arrows he had. Then he finished off with a shotgun.

Secondly, I'm willing to bet Luckcharms is I am pauuul,!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by luckycharms93
All you guys need to learn to read, he did not say he used his slug gun to put the deer down. He simply stated that if he would have had his slug gun he would have used it to end her suffering.

Beat me to it.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

What did he beat you too? Making a fool of yourself? The OP said he wounded a deer with a bow and finished it with two shots from a shotgun. After he was chastised for it, he edited his post to say he wished he had his shotgun. Try reading an entire thread before you jump in and look silly .
Old 10-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

it does say he edited the post i am late getting to the party here so i didnt see the un edited post but if what i have read is true he just posted on the WORLDWIDE web he broke a law..i will leave it there.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I wasn't trying to start a fight. I apologize if I offended any of the softhearted types....lol. Just seemed kinda like a gang mentality starting off is all. Been a member for years now and don't usually see people out for blood that bad.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
What did he beat you too? Making a fool of yourself? The OP said he wounded a deer with a bow and finished it with two shots from a shotgun. After he was chastised for it, he edited his post to say he wished he had his shotgun. Try reading an entire thread before you jump in and look silly .
Obviously if the poster edited his post, the vast majority of people reading it would not know what the original post stated. Hence that majority would be responding to the latest version. You, however apparently are witness to both versions and choose to harangue and belittle.

Sounds like troll bait was swallowed hook line and sinker.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

No, had you read the whole thread you would have seen posts clearly indicating the guy changed his post after Luckycharms made the post you afraid. If the guy is a real poster, and it was already stated that may be doubtful, he is a violator and should be chastised.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 10-12-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's always good to read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions.

Especially, if you start to throw out uncalled for insults.

The OP made a post admitting to breaking the law, and then came back to edit it. How was he suppose to be treated?
Old 10-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

After first reading this Post I would replied just as LuckyCharms did.....continuing on I realized what others stated that the OP changed their Story to cover up a mistake.They
(Paul) will have to live it and learn to do the right thing next time if they haven't already gotten in trouble.

I've made a bad shot on a Deer during a Rifle Season and had to follow up on a finishing shot....it can be difficult on a Young New Hunter to see an Animal suffer,I will not deny that but You go on and learn to wait,be a better shooter/Hunter and strive to be better!

I'm not a Troll,long time Poster with a little Compassion for a Fellow Hunter!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 10-12-2014 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Did I change anything I wrote earlier!
Old 10-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

It was bad enough he had to take 4 shots at the deer. We wouldn't have jumped on him for that. He was new to hunting.

It was using a shotgun in bow season that upset us. Why did he even have it with him?

He could have come back to explain it all, but he deleted it instead. Not acceptable at all.