Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mixed emotions

Old 10-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

you know something's amiss when the OP comes back and changes his story. All of us that read the original post know whats up .Oldtimr you hit the nail on the head!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by luckycharms93
No, he probably left because he didnt want to deal with ignorant people who misread his post and accused him of being a poacher and a troll.

Is all of life this confusing for you?
Old 10-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Classic internet stuff here. "If I had a shotgun"...reminds me of the OJ book, "If I Did It".
Old 10-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by i am PAUUUL
I shot my first deer yesterday, using a bow. It was a bad shot, and ultimately took one more arrow to put her down. I estimated the deer to be around 25 yards out, when it was actually around 30. I hit the doe low, in the front leg, likely breaking it. Oddly, the deer circled around and stood about 10 yards away from me, just staring at me. I took another arrow and shot at her, and I hit low in the kill zone. She was still standing. She went down, but was still moving a lot, so I shot her again. She was still moving, but died within minutes. If I had my gun and slugs, I may have shot her to end the suffering.

Part of me feels good about it being my first deer, but another major part of me feels awful that I didn't get her down right away and she suffered. It took, maybe, a couple of minutes before she died, and I feel like a bad person for that. Did anyone else have a similar experience, and how do you get over it?
This is absolutely NOT the story that was conveyed before you came back and edited it. The original story said that after two bad shots with the bow, you were out of arrows, at which point you took two shots with the shotgun. That is NOT this baloney (not to be confused with bologna) story that you've changed it to read that speculates that you WISH you had your shotgun "to end her suffering".

BS laminated all over this thing.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Well... There are just too many things to wrong here to even know where to start. First off, I read the post minutes after he posted it, He DID in fact say that after shooting all his arrows he finished her off with the slugs. I come on here today and all of the sudden he wishes he had his 12 gauge so he could have shot her again??? HOW STUPID DOES HE THINK WE ARE!!! I really, really hope this story isnt true, It sickens me to read something like this. But if it is Tisk, Tisk PAUUUL. I like to give people the benifit of the doubt...But you look awful suspicous changin your story on us. Not a good deal all around
Old 10-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If someone took the hunter safety course and read a little bit of the rule book, they would know they couldn't use the shotgun. Why would they post it on the internet? That seems a little fishy.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by luckycharms93
All you guys need to learn to read, he did not say he used his slug gun to put the deer down. He simply stated that if he would have had his slug gun he would have used it to end her suffering.
I was wondering if I was the only one who actually read the posts and noticed this....lol.

People shouldn't be so quick to jump and assume.
Don't see where the guy did anything wrong, other than possibly taking too far of a shot than either he or his equiptment was capable of.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

And where did he come back and change his story? Have to wonder why some people on here are being so hateful and such a$$holes.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Buckhunter46755
And where did he come back and change his story? Have to wonder why some people on here are being so hateful and such a$$holes.

Just look at the first post, and you'll see it's edited. He changed it, and we all read what it said at first. It was up for days before he edited it.

Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions, and throw out the insults without knowing the facts.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the original (pre-edit) post the OP stated that he did indeed shoot this deer twice with his shotgun after his archery attempts.

I guess that after he was told that he had violated the law and published it on the internet that he decided to make up a new version.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.