Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ground Blind Roof Collapse

Old 09-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Spike

Default Ground Blind Roof Collapse

Anyone ever have issues of the roofs collapsing and poles busting on their ground blinds from rain, wind, or snow. I love hunting out of my blinds, but I'd like to set them up and leave them but I've had it happen too many times that when I arrive they're trash. Looking at a system on Cabela's that says it keeps this from happening...hoping someone that has this system can tell me how they like it. The reviews say its the real deal and it looks like it is so let me know. Here's link:
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/searc...oducts&x=0&y=0

Look forward to hearing your feedback.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

I'm purchasing one today....
Old 09-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Spike

I recently had a problem with roof collapse on an ameristep hub blind, had about 2-3 gallons of water on the inverted roof. I just cut about a 1 inch stick and use it as a center pole. Its free and so far no more trouble.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:05 AM
Spike

I use a piece of 1-1/2 pvc pipe with a coupling on one end to prop up the roof. Works great, easy to remove and replace, fairly cheap too. Don't have a solution to the sides collapsing, but also have not had that problem.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:20 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Smitty i did the same, but i put a cap on the top of the pole.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Old Timers

Old Timers don't expect fairly inexpensive ground blinds to last forever. They get to know how to repair them, when they buy them. Some time ago I saw repair tips on you tube. They start figuring out how to repair them when they first put them up.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

I went and moved a ground blind the other day and the poles had busted up in a few places... I found some pretty straight sticks and put them up to the broken spots and rolled it in duck tape.... Like brand new
Old 09-28-2014, 02:04 AM
Spike

Default ground blind

I live in Ks the wind and snow will tear up most blinds , I have learned to lay your blind down when you leave !!! it can be popped up fairly quiet and fast!!!this works on hub style blinds !!!the best and toughest hub blinds are Barnett !!!several different sizes!!!350 is my favorite !!!big, roomy the best shoot through windows!!! the other blind I use is the 5 sided guide gear spring steel blind that comes in a bag !!! I used this blind on a elk hunt as a tent at spike camp !!!its the only blind that will stand snow and rain !!!we had 11" of snow and 40 mph winds , the only thing was it, stayed so warm inside with a buddy heater that we had condensations inside!!!For stakes the green army stakes for loose soil, and the orange stakes for tight soil !!!There from sportsman guide aluminum they go in easy, tap two or three times and pull them out they're the bomb!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

I don,t mine up till I,m gonna use it and take it down if bad storms are comin.It only takes minutes to do.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Somehow a rumor

came up that a blind would last 365 days if keep outdoors waiting for deer. The waiting for a deer became more important than the real longevity of the blind.
Then there's the climbing stand that is guaranteed to hold 350 pounds of hunter for a least ten years. That's another rumor ! [ LOL ]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.