HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   id love to find a feeder that works (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/394050-id-love-find-feeder-works.html)

Mr. Longbeard 08-31-2014 10:04 AM

id love to find a feeder that works

Been using moultrie feeders and there a piece of crap!!!

kslivstkbroker 09-01-2014 06:46 AM

best feeder !!!

Try big buck plus you can buy just the bottom's and put your own barrels on them save on the shipping !!! they have 30 gal & 55 gal !!! if you use 55 plastic barrels you have to use 30 gal funnel there bottom's are smaller !!! if you have bears you need to cement down pipe and put bolt threw pipe & feeder & use metal barrels!!! I like the 30 gal size they last a week 5-7 days 3- 4 bags of feed and the don't get to top heavy !!!

jdeardor 09-08-2014 12:48 PM

I built one this year and so far it's working great. I got the motor at walmart on clearance last year. Noticed they are selling the same one this year for ~$35 (motor, electronic unit box). I got a couple of large 55 gal plastic drums cut the end off of one and cut about 1/3 of way down on the other to make a make a cap that slides right over the other one. Welded a quick stand together. Also bought the solar recharging unit and battery from walmart. I have about $75 total in it.
It's working great so far, was out there yesterday and cows had discovered it but deer where I'm at don't mind cows. And since they still have good grass they aren't on it every day. Last year my son shot a deer that was going between stands of woods with the cows camouflaging itself. Wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't standing there watching it. As soon as the deer needed to go a different direction than the cows were heading it bolted into a dead sprint since it was in the open, he had to shoot it on the run before it jumped a fence off our property.

Mr. Longbeard 09-08-2014 02:28 PM

Well bought a american hunter and it seems to be working good so far...

lifesadrag 09-09-2014 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard (Post 4158387)
Well bought a american hunter and it seems to be working good so far...

Ditto that, great feeder. Just doctor up one of those wire dish racks and place it around the feeder to keep the deer from messing with the wheel and feeding themselves when you don't want to feed them!

hatchet jack 09-09-2014 03:59 PM

On time motor and mount it to your barrel. Lifetime warranty. ON time Feeders work great.

Hatchet Jack

ijimmy 09-11-2014 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by hatchet jack (Post 4158519)
On time motor and mount it to your barrel. Lifetime warranty. ON time Feeders work great.

Hatchet Jack

They are the best i have used for a photo cell feeder , sweeny's are good but battery life is low , change um when you fill um

Wilcam47 09-11-2014 12:29 PM

I want to say I got one from walmart...Remington brand? I dont remember the brand name but it worked fine..