Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Tree Stand, Ground Blind, or Just Plain Ground? >

Tree Stand, Ground Blind, or Just Plain Ground?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree Stand, Ground Blind, or Just Plain Ground?

Old 08-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tree Stand, Ground Blind, or Just Plain Ground?

What do yall like to hunt from? Personally I hate tree stands. dont seem like i can call as effectivly, and I like the ability to be more mobile. I only hunt from under a tree, on the flat ground. what are your guys prefrences? also id love to see pictures of your stands, blinds, etc.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Spike

i hunt all 3 plus drives and still hunt
Old 08-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

ahh. weve done some drives before....or tried to anyways, my buddy always winds up shootin em before they get to me
Old 08-17-2014, 12:23 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Do you bow hunt or hunt with a gun? With a gun, I like still hunting (stalking) if the conditions are right - that is probably the most enjoyable way to hunt. Otherwise, I like a well-concealed ground blind for hunting with the bow.

Last edited by MZS; 08-17-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I usually hunt from a climber, I have 2-API Grand Slam Supremes that are 15 or so years old...When on game lands when I'm hiking in, I hunt from the ground...
Old 08-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

No tree stands for me. I used to be extremely obese and never trusted a tree stand to hold me. I could do it now, but don't see the need, nor am I that crazy about heights.

I either still hunt or bury myself in a brush pile or downed tree. I did rig up a crude blind this last spring out of an old army half shelter and a could of old tent poles. I might use it this fall.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:36 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

After stumbling backwards this summer when a limb I was pulling snapped and nearly killing myself landing with ribs and midsection on a small pointed stump, I am a bit more careful now. And I was not even off the ground! I can not imagine falling from 20 ft up. I have some platform stands, but they are not too high, and they are safe to climb and sit in with surrounding walls.

If I were to use a climber, I would make sure to have safety equipment. I would never depend on only one hand grip, or even one safety strap that might be chewed by a squirrel, frayed, or compromised in some way.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

For the last 9 years treestand, wooden, home built with rails all around, this year a tower stand fully enclosed.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I've hunted from a climbing tree stand when bow hunting. have thrown a bunch of limbs and other stuff into a pile around trees and used as a blind.
Now that I have aged (67) know where the deer are and where they go when pressured I have box blinds and A couple portables I can use I use them and that is about all now days.

Here is where you can see what people have for blinds.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whit...ng-blinds.html

Al
Old 08-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

I prefer hunting from stands. I feel like it gives me a little edge by keeping my fidgeting up and out of the deer's line of sight. I will use a ground blind on occasion, but there aren't too many opportunities to really utilize one where I hunt. I don't hunt straight from the ground. I'm sure I'd get busted every time, if I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.