HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Amish trespassing on hunting land? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/393594-amish-trespassing-hunting-land.html)

blaZer_2 08-09-2014 06:39 PM

Amish trespassing on hunting land?

we have been having problems with the Amish trespassing on a friends land that he lets us hunt on, does anyone have problems with them on your land? and if so how do you keep them off? Thanks

Topgun 3006 08-09-2014 07:24 PM

They're no different than any other person. Turn them in and if they continue to violate the law then prosecute them!

SecondChance 08-10-2014 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 (Post 4152782)
They're no different than any other person. Turn them in and if they continue to violate the law then prosecute them!

Exactly!!!! One of my deputy buddys lives south of Vandalia Il and had the same problem with some of the local amish. He spoke to them and told them to stay off and out. He had posted signs all around the exterior of the property. They came back and he caught one is his stand. Well, he just did what he does for a living. Cuffed and walked him out while calling for a pick-up. He as well called the local CPO and had them take care of any others caught on his property. They also impounded his bicycle.

BarnesX.308 08-10-2014 04:48 AM

Was it this guy?

Oldtimr 08-10-2014 06:20 AM

Find out who their Bishop is and go talk to him about the trespass, I would be surprised if he didn't stop it.

blaZer_2 08-10-2014 07:23 AM

well i guess thats what we will have to do, and no it wasnt that guy lol

SecondChance 08-18-2014 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by blaZer_2 (Post 4152837)
well i guess thats what we will have to do, and no it wasnt that guy lol

Nope. Wasn't him either. Wouldn't matter, the cuffs fit em all!!!!!!!

cammogunner 08-18-2014 12:39 PM

they are no different than other people if you find them on your land tell them the devil resides there..LOL and than call law enforcement or throw them off..lots of other options that are less legal

buckman11 08-18-2014 08:57 PM

we had some do the exact same thing. and better yet they accused us of comin onto their property??? i tell ya their a mess. they also shoot some kinda crazy fully automatic tripple barrel double scoped shotgun. i was sure they was gonna blast my balls clean off. its like weve always said. for every inch you give the Amish, they take a mile.

AF Hunter 08-19-2014 04:04 AM

We had a community of Amish move into the area where I moved from last year. Didn't have a problem with any of them. When I needed a new roof because of a hail storm, they came in and did it for less than any of the other quotes I got by $2,000 which included a tear off.

I gave them permission to fish my pond with the understanding they would ask first and not abuse it. They abided by my rules and it was usually one of the females bringing over a passel of children to fish about once a month.

They were better neighbors than most the other people down there.