Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Federal Fusion Sabot, 2.75" 7/8 oz 1600 fps >

Federal Fusion Sabot, 2.75" 7/8 oz 1600 fps

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Federal Fusion Sabot, 2.75" 7/8 oz 1600 fps

Old 06-27-2014, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Federal Fusion Sabot, 2.75" 7/8 oz 1600 fps

Anyone shot deer with these sabots?

My Marlin 512 shoots sabots in the 1600 fps range the best so I picked some of these up from Bass Pro Shop. At 9.50 per box they are the cheapest sabot I've seen in a while.

Any reports on performance?
Old 06-28-2014, 02:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have not shot them my self as I found the Remington Buck Hammers worked best in my 870. When I kept hearing rumors that they were going to stop making the buck hammers I went out and bought enough to last the rest of my life.

With that being said those federal fusion shells in both 20 and 12ga. Have excellent reviews on a slug gun forum I belong to. They have been raving about them for almost 3 years now.
You just can't beat the price except by hand loading these days either.

Al
Old 06-30-2014, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'll try them soon and see what they do. Dick's has them listed at 8.99 as I recall, heck, I used to pay that like 6 years ago for Win BRI style sabots.