Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How to never get a serious poison ivy rash again >

How to never get a serious poison ivy rash again

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to never get a serious poison ivy rash again

Old 06-24-2014, 04:28 AM
Spike

Default How to never get a serious poison ivy rash again

Deer hunting/habitat and poison ivy (and oak and sumac) go together like peas in a pod.

When I first retired and started doing serious deer habitat work, I ended up in the emergency room several times needing a prednisone series.

I decided I would either figure out how to deal with it or give up habitat work. Using knowledge gained from 25 years as a research scientist studying inflammation in the skin, and lots of internet research, I was able to sort out good information from the nonsense and hype to come up with a program that protected me. It has been a few years since I have had a serious case, even though I work around it regularly. I no longer hesitate to cut a poison ivy vine or branch, because I know how to avoid serious harm.

I made this video to provide the information needed for you to never have a serious poison ivy reaction again.

The approach is almost so simple it seems dumb, but once you understand it and respond accordingly, you will no longer be concerned about being around PI.

VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oyoDRHpQK0
Old 07-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

or move to an area where theres not much of it
Old 07-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info. I just got rid of a bad case of it. I get it every year setting up treestands and scouting ALL the time in the spring and summer. I had a Oldtimer tell me years ago that back in his day they would eat the poison ivy leaves to get immune from it. I never did that but He said that it works. Poison Ivy salad with Ranch dressing! LOL. Thanks

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very interesting---Thanks!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

and when you do get it use jewel weed, better than any store bought remedy.
RR
Old 07-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

++++ Excellent stuff for the "poisey"... And it's free!! Jewel Weed can be found growing wild almost everywhere..

Last edited by Pawildman; 07-06-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pawildman
++++ Excellent stuff for the "poisey"... And it's free!! Jewel Weed can be found growing wild almost everywhere..

The Jewel Weed they smoke in Philadelphia PA near me in Bucks CO. is not free! LOL!

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-08-2014, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hatchet Jack, I can vouch for the exposure leading to immunity. At least from my experience, when I used to work for my fathers lawn care clearing land, would get rashes the first part of the year. After the first 2-3 break outs I could roll around in the stuff and not get a rash again the rest of the year.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
The Jewel Weed they smoke in Philadelphia PA near me in Bucks CO. is not free! LOL!

Hatchet Jack

Now that one made me laugh!! Good'n!!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bioactive
Deer hunting/habitat and poison ivy (and oak and sumac) go together like peas in a pod.

When I first retired and started doing serious deer habitat work, I ended up in the emergency room several times needing a prednisone series.

I decided I would either figure out how to deal with it or give up habitat work. Using knowledge gained from 25 years as a research scientist studying inflammation in the skin, and lots of internet research, I was able to sort out good information from the nonsense and hype to come up with a program that protected me. It has been a few years since I have had a serious case, even though I work around it regularly. I no longer hesitate to cut a poison ivy vine or branch, because I know how to avoid serious harm.

I made this video to provide the information needed for you to never have a serious poison ivy reaction again.

The approach is almost so simple it seems dumb, but once you understand it and respond accordingly, you will no longer be concerned about being around PI.

VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oyoDRHpQK0
I was is the woods today rehanging and cutting shooting lanes. Was is the IVY today . When I came home I did what you said. Washed 3 times with Dawn. See what happens. Let you know in a few days. Thanks!!!!

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.