Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-03-2003, 12:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-03-2003, 02:00 PM

Default RE: Has a deer ever attacked a hunter?

Hi,
Alot of people have seen the video of the idiot who doused himself with buck lure and was attacked. I know of no cases of whitetails attacking humans in the woods and find it highly unlikely.Check this link out.
http://www.farmervillegazette.com/Ne...ports/031.html

Hope that helps,
Mark
http://www.buckhuntersecrets.com
Old 10-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

I was bushing some bush one day and my buddy who was up the way of a trail was nearly run over by a doe.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:04 PM
Dominant Buck

A buck in Rut is a dangerous animal , there are documented cases of bucks attacking , and even killing humans . I nearly got attacked 2 years ago , and as with most of these incidents I was entirely at fault . I made the mistake of making the wrong sound when a dominant buck was around , and came close to being on the news as a result . It' s kinda funny now ... But at the time I seriously thought that I was gonna die.

Never take a ritting buck for granted !

Old 10-03-2003, 11:07 PM

A friend of mine shot a buck 2 years ago and walked up to it but to his surprise it got up and charged him. If not for a nearby tree that he steped behind and the buck hit, he would have probably been gored. Shook him up pretty good and now he thinks twice before just walking up to a supposed dead deer. It is a really funny story though when he tells it!!!
Old 10-04-2003, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, if my memory serves correctly, something around 24 hunters are injured and at least one is killed annually in Arkansas by deer.

I' ve had a young buck rush me at a full sprint while stalking one time, but my .30-06 told him to leave me alone before I could find out if he was serious or not. He dropped and slid to a stop under a yard from me.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are numerous cases of hunters being attacked by bucks--almost always during the rut when the testosterone levels are at their highest. A year ago--during the rut--I was headed out one morning to my hunting spot when I rounded a bend in my driveway (in my truck) and saw a large buck standing there. He started to trot away and then stopped, turned around and CHARGED THE TRUCK! He averted it at the last minute and slightly touched the front corner, but I remembered that the next time I hunted my own place! []
Old 10-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kevin, what kind of a sound did you make?
Old 10-05-2003, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

PA ,
it was a young buck grunt . I had used the call the previous weekend to grunt at some younger bucks and forgot to reset it . I meant to make a soft doe grunt to calm him down when I realized that he' d heard me , then set up nearby and wait for legal shooting time . When I blew he went CRAZY !! I remember thinking " Oh my God! I' m gonna be on the news tonight !" To make matters worse , my muzzle loader was still in the case , uncapped . Talk about a britches filling moment !
Old 10-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.