Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question regarding Feeders

Old 05-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Spike

Default Question regarding Feeders

I have been hunting a property sucessfully for a couple years now. Baiting is legal and have been using attractants and cut up apples. I have cleared a couple spots which now allow me the opportunity to put out a couple automatic feeders. My question is to those who have used feeders....should I stick with the way I have been doing it so far or go with feeders. The feeders seem more practical because I can go longer before i have to refill unlike using apples I was there often. Trying to limit my trips to the bush.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Careful, there are many that see baiting as the unpardonable sin here! That said, welcome to the Huntingnet board! I would say that an automatic feeder would be preferable to what you are doing now. One thing is that you choose the feeding times and amounts of feed. Also, you are not going into the area, spreading human scent and spooking game near as much as if you are doing by hand feeding.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go with the feeders and when you do have to fill them you could also take in some of the other bait you have been using.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use the automatic feeders - and don't worry about opinions on the subject of your style of hunting.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

If it is legal in your state then use it. Others need to worry about themselves and you.