Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best Cross Bow

Old 04-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Spike

Default Best Cross Bow

Am going to invest in a crossbow. I'm thinking cost will be somewhere in the middle of the road at around $600, don't want to spend twice that much. What's the best crossbow and why do you like it? Thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

TenPoint!

The TenPoint & their value line Wicked Ridge are the tops on the market. Built like fine machines (because they are) & the customer service is great! I worked for TenPoint dealers in the mid 2000s & the company was always great to deal with, the xbows were flawless & we just never saw problems with them!!!

I still swear by my ol Titan TL-4, no sense changing what still works marvelously. (Were I buying new tomorrow I'd go all out & get a new Venom, hopefully my 14yr old will want my Titan this fall & then I'll "upgrade" )
Old 04-26-2014, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Any crossbow works fine
I have a $100 used Barnett, pass throughs pretty much every time
any 150lb crossbow is equivalent in power to a 75lb vertical
So anything 150 is good, 180lbs I imagine would give pass throughs every time.
It's not worth sinking 600 into IMO
The only thing that matters is accuracy. My single wheeled Barnett does me good out to fifty yards, which is plenty. so for 100-200$ you can kill deer within 50 yards every time. We've never lost one using it. One even piled up dead in its tracks 15 yards from my blind. Now that's my hunting style, I get in close and get the job done.
with a fancier newer one I bet you could touch them out to 100 yards, but who would need to? maybe you'd have more energy coming out of it because of varying factors but 150lbs=150lbs.
So to answer your question. Best crossbow? The one that will kill a deer.
So any crossbow you pick will be just fine. But IMO if you're thinking 600 ud be payin for looks.
Unless you get pse ar15 mod, now that's worth every penny roflmao

Last edited by westMDbowhunter; 04-26-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Call Dave at Wyvern Creations. He is very knowledgeable on will help you make your decision. He will sell you one at a good price but nit push to buy from him. I bought my Parket Enforcer after a good 30 minute talk with him on various crossbows from many of the top brsnds available.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:09 PM
fzo
Fork Horn

i will try a ten point too. i will write about my experiences...
Old 04-27-2014, 07:34 AM
Spike

We bought my dad a crossbow a couple years back. We went and shot them all and ten point blew the rest away but it did cost a fair bit more. I bet you could get a 2nd hand one in your price range.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

There's about 40 new Tenpoint crossbows on Ebay between $400 and $650 right now, including some packages.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Spike

I've only used Tenpoint. I'm happy with it
Old 04-29-2014, 04:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a Barnett. Not the fanciest or the most expensive but it is accurate and every deer I've hit with it has gone all wobble legged and ended up on the meat pole. As in all things used for hunting, where you hit them is more important than what you hit them with. I could spend a lot more $$$ on a system other than my Barnett but it wouldn't kill deer any deader.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Ten Point GT Flex recurve crossbow. Tenpoints are awesome shooters with a dry fire inhibitor for extra safety.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.