HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Did you ever bag a whitetail with some 'stupid stuff'? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/391099-did-you-ever-bag-whitetail-some-stupid-stuff.html)

JonMBailey 04-17-2014 09:55 PM

Did you ever bag a whitetail with some 'stupid stuff'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCqZTQ1KoXM

Harris Outdoors/Tri City Beagle Boys

Above is the link to a Virginia deer hunt at the end of the 2013 season.
They are using the grand old Southern tradition of using hounds to drive deer into hunter's positions (stands) along a line in the open from out of the woods.

They are using shotguns for safety. Motorola radios are used for communication.

Go to the 9:20 mark and play the video from there a couple minutes and see what kind of hunting lingo I am talking about. A guy just downed a buck and he and his camera buddy are checking it out and conversing about it.

camera man: He moved, shoot him again. I think you hit him in the heart though..... If he still movin' I'll stab him in the heart....just in case...

hunter admiring the downed buck's rack: yeh, suh...man, look at the rack on that joker...man...he got some ol stupid stuff, he got some ol stupid stuff, doan' he?...wait til the big man see dis....

camera man: last day a huntin' season... we gettin down..

GTOHunter 04-18-2014 05:01 PM

Yeah......my Brother In-Law! :)

Where do You come up with this nonsense?

JonMBailey 04-18-2014 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by GTOHunter (Post 4135226)
Yeah......my Brother In-Law! :)

Where do You come up with this nonsense?

I look at hunting videos on You Tube a lot. Those are somebody else's stupid nonsense, not mine. I was just sharing those here hoping somebody would find them humorous.

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Haven't you ever heard of You Tube?

Is there a better source for on-line free hunting videos?

Don't you Missouri boys use hounds to drive deer out of the woods as they do in the Southeast?

GTOHunter 04-19-2014 04:45 PM

No....Were not allowed to use Dogs to run Deer,Fair Chase only in Missouri!
:D

You need to buy a few Drury Outdoors Hunting Videos,Primo's and Deer & Deer Hunting for a few good Hunting Videos then take them with a grain of salt because it isn't as easy as they pretend it is!

MZS 04-20-2014 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by JonMBailey (Post 4135253)
I look at hunting videos on You Tube a lot. Those are somebody else's stupid nonsense, not mine. I was just sharing those here hoping somebody would find them humorous.

Haven't you ever heard of You Tube?

Is there a better source for on-line free hunting videos?

Don't you Missouri boys use hounds to drive deer out of the woods as they do in the Southeast?

No, it is not fun, nor funny, to make fun of people cause of their skin color. Pretty darn close to racism if you ask me - and it is not something we see on this forum (thankfully) as the guys here are better than that. And from what I saw, this was a mixed race group on the video.

JonMBailey 04-20-2014 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by MZS (Post 4135466)
No, it is not fun, nor funny, to make fun of people cause of their skin color. Pretty darn close to racism if you ask me - and it is not something we see on this forum (thankfully) as the guys here are better than that. And from what I saw, this was a mixed race group on the video.

I was just amazed.

Nomercy448 04-20-2014 08:23 PM

Definitely comes across as racist to me - between calling them "men of color" and retorting with your justification of "their culture is different than mine" so I should make fun of it response....

theshark 04-21-2014 06:48 AM

Sounds like to me Like someone needs a little "Sensitivity" Training!!

CalHunter 04-21-2014 07:54 AM

"Somebody" now has a 1-week timeout for violating the rules. When he comes back (if he decides to), he should review the rules BEFORE making further posts. Thanks to everybody else for catching this and being stand-up about it.

CalHunter

Gunplummer 04-28-2014 03:33 PM

The only "Stupid stuff" I see is the gun handling. Lot of lax behavior shown. I would not hunt with those guys. The guy that emptied his gun by firing off what he had never even checked it to see if it was clear.