Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
anybody know were i can get iron sights for my shotgun? >

anybody know were i can get iron sights for my shotgun?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anybody know were i can get iron sights for my shotgun?

Old 04-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default anybody know were i can get iron sights for my shotgun?

im looking to get some type of iron sights i can mount on my 20ga mossberg 500 for deer hunting next year. any sugestions?
Old 04-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Try Williams Sights, I just got a set in to mount on my vent rib for turkeys and slugs...

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/
Old 04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Midwayusa.com TruGlo vent rib mounted sights for Mossberg shotguns

This is the updated version of the sight set I use on my Benelli's, in the Mossberg rail size. Looks like the mounting system update will be a big benefit, if I ever take mine off again, I might look at buying these instead of reinstalling the older mounting system ones I have.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I live near Williams Gun Sight and will say they are some fine people to do business with.

They have limited sales on 22LR ammo all winter so we have been able to buy 3 50 round boxes which is better than any other place around and it stopped the flipping buyer/sellers too.

Al
Old 04-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Update...I installed these on my Browning B-80 and shot this past weekend...My reasons for trying these are two fold, one to use slugs, two to use with my turkey choke...

I started with slugs, got the sights close at 20 yards and moved to 50...I set the sights up to shoot about 2 inches high at 50 yards then moved the target back to 20 and installed my turkey choke...

Using my favorite 3 inch mag turkey load I blew a 3 inch hole through the turkey's head on the target...This is why I wanted to install sights...I've never missed a turkey with this setup, at 40 yards they are dead...Problems arise at 15-20 yards when the pattern is the size of a softball...

Now I have my gun set for turkey hunting and can also use as a woods gun with slugs and buckshot...We have a problem with dog hunters dropping off the hounds on one of our farms...This gives me a gun I can still hunt with, using slugs and can use buckshot as backup for when the deer are being run by dogs...
Old 04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

ok thanks!