Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anyone scared

Old 10-03-2003, 10:56 PM

Default anyone scared

I am 21 been hunting for 3 years now. Always loved the outdoors. Carry a glock .45 with me everytime I go hunting just for safety. But in the mornings and at night when I am going to and fro my stand, I feel like I am 7 again. Scared of what is watching me in the dark. I feel like something is watching me. I use to read all about the Big Foot sightings and think they were interesting but I get this chill down my bike until I get into my stand or get back home. I hate this feeling. Does anyone else get it.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone scared

The only time I get that " feeling" is when I' m walking in the dark in mtn. lion country or bear country. Other wise, I figure every other critter is scared of me when they hear or see me in the dark!
Old 10-04-2003, 08:20 AM

i get the same way if i sit on the ground, but from a tree im fine, i have no clue why just my imagination being evil i guess! im 18 and i feel like a little kid when this happens,
Old 10-04-2003, 08:48 AM

I have been hunting for some time. I still get the spooks when going to my stand, more so when it is way in the woods.

I do agree it is out imagination that gets to us, and we freak out some times. Most of all animals in the wild will totaly avoid us/people as the first sent.

But, I will say once I am up in the tree, I am happy!
Old 10-04-2003, 12:02 PM

I don' t get that feeling but maybe it' s because I spent most of my life outdoors logging and the woods are like my living room to me. Black bears are more interested in getting away from you then you are getting away from them. But if I was in grizzly or mountain lion country I might think twice. Lions seem to have a hatred of people and will more readily attack.
Mark
http://www.buckhuntersecrets.com
Old 10-04-2003, 01:33 PM

around here I don' t have any worries. But like Bucksecrets said, if I was in Grizzly or Mountain Lion Country it might be a little different.
Old 10-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

37 here and I don' t care for it either. Envision a rutted up buck with 12 inch tines piercing your rib cage. Up in a tree and they cannot get me.

I to have this chicken mentality. Last year I get to my stand and pause to put down my gun. Not but ten yards in front of me a deer busts out and takes off. I wasn' t really startled because I didn' t see it and I did have one of those small flash lights but it must have been pointed down. After I heard it take off I went back to getting in the tree. No faster than usual because my critter had taken off.

4 years ago I was putting my wife into a stand and something was running around my legs. For five minutes I was flashing the area. Turned out to be a cottontail.

Old 10-04-2003, 05:45 PM
usa
Fork Horn

6x, join the club, it all goe' s back to a primal fear from the cavedwellers time, darkness was your enemy because we were not at the top of the food chain and most thing' s wanted to eat us. Remember courage is not the absence of fear , it' s overcoming it, to be completely fearless would be stupid and probably fatal ! By the way I' m 62yrs old, have been hunting for over 50yrs mostly alone, in before light and usually out after dark and still the hair stand' s up on the back of my neck sometime' s, that' s what help' s make hunting exciting. Although I will admit that the more I learned about the woods and animal' s the less I was apprehensive and that' s what you are, apprehensive, not afraid , you' re just useing all of your mind' s capabilities tuned into survival mode, good hunting

Old 10-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow i am not the only one. i feel a lot safer in a tree stand then on the ground. the only thing that scares me is what " buckmine" said, " Envision a rutted up buck with 12 inch tines piercing your rib cage." other then that i know that if any other animal messes with me that i have a weapon.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got spooked about 5 years ago, I was ground hunting and just as it was coming daylight a **** Emu walked up on me, I could' nt see it good enough to tell what it was but I could hear it walking and getting closer. It finally got close enough to me to where I could tell what it was. Where that stinking thing came from is beyond me but it was around me all morning and then the stupid thing followed me home, it got in the cow pastures and the cattle started chasing it, man them things can really move when they want too. I guess it was one that someone had turned loose or escaped from a pen or something, he hung around for a couple of days on the farm and then left or got eat by something.

Quick Reply: anyone scared

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.