Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Top 5 States?

Old 03-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Ky, wi, ia, oh, il
Old 03-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

MZS, NE Minnesota is about the same... The DNR released funding for feeding for the first time since 95... Heard on the news last night that there are over 1000 volunteers helping with the feeding, and that they are finding a lot of dead animals.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:13 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
MZS, NE Minnesota is about the same... The DNR released funding for feeding for the first time since 95... Heard on the news last night that there are over 1000 volunteers helping with the feeding, and that they are finding a lot of dead animals.
Quite a shame. I hunted a few years in the French River area. One guy in our party got a buck that was near 225 pounds. Some really nice bucks and was a great area to hunt. Even the 6 pt buck I got was over 150 pounds I think. You needed some know-how in cooking them up though - a little wilder taste than field fed deer of our area. But some garlic and added beef suet always did the trick.