Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My biggest buck to date

Old 02-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
So according to you... When I see something in a pic that is something I don't see in my region, and I simply ask a question about it I'm being "anal"?

Heck, I even stated in my initial post "Hope you don't mind my asking, but it's just not something your likely to see in my region"

Seems like someone is being anal... Just doesn't seem like it's me
Not you specifically, just something I've picked up on on this forum. A lot of people tend to jump down other peoples throats about little things.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thatredneckrockerdude1
Not you specifically, just something I've picked up on on this forum. A lot of people tend to jump down other peoples throats about little things.
Fair enough... Have to admit that I've seen that happen on more than just this hunting BB.

I'm not trying to be derogatory. I did mention that I've never seen guns hanging out of the back of a truck like that, and that is the truth. Not saying it's wrong, just saying I've never seen it before.

I guess maybe the experience with my cousins .22 in my youth has had more of an impact on how I handle my guns than I initially considered when I asked the question... Guess maybe it looked out of place to me because of my actions over the years, and not yours at the time of the pic.

BTW... I've noticed that as a result of my observation I never said it, but congrats on the nice buck!!!

Not trying to be a butt head... Just saw something that "in my eyes" looked out of place and my curiosity got the best of me.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Spike

Nice buck, he definitely has a wide and unique rack. Like Rock said, that stripe on his head is pretty cool, I'd get a head mount of him for sure.

Lunker, I thought the same thing when I saw those guns in the truck bed, then I scrolled down and saw that you asked about them. I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just different than what we are used to I guess. Kinda like when I read that that the OP was using dogs to hunt deer. Again, I'm not saying that it's wrong, it's just different because in MI we can't use dogs for deer unless its after the shot, for tracking, etc... This is an international forum, so we are going to see different tactics, methods, traditions, and other things from different places.

Last edited by TheDudeAbides; 02-23-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, no dogs for us here in MN. either, but I would like to do it someday.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

***You should get in touch with RT4 and maybe Ron would have you down to his place sometime in the Carolinas to run them with dogs! That's one of the main ways he and the boy hunt down there.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***You should get in touch with RT4 and maybe Ron would have you down to his place sometime in the Carolinas to run them with dogs! That's one of the main ways he and the boy hunt down there.
I was thinking about Ron when I posted... I have no doubt that he'd get me out running the dogs... Might just have to make it a goal...

From the pics Ron posted last year Travis is becoming a pretty damn good hunter.

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 02-23-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Wicked wide rack. That old boy must have had a hard time going though the woods. Congrats on a great deer.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Nice buck, he definitely has a wide and unique rack. Like Rock said, that stripe on his head is pretty cool, I'd get a head mount of him for sure.

Lunker, I thought the same thing when I saw those guns in the truck bed, then I scrolled down and saw that you asked about them. I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just different than what we are used to I guess. Kinda like when I read that that the OP was using dogs to hunt deer. Again, I'm not saying that it's wrong, it's just different because in MI we can't use dogs for deer unless its after the shot, for tracking, etc... This is an international forum, so we are going to see different tactics, methods, traditions, and other things from different places.
Finally got a few dollars saved up, dropping him off at the taxidermist this week.
If you ever get down in the Carolinas, give me a holler. Can't beat a good day of dog hunting.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thatredneckrockerdude1
Finally got a few dollars saved up, dropping him off at the taxidermist this week.

If you ever get down in the Carolinas, give me a holler. Can't beat a good day of dog hunting.
Rocker, I'll remember that... The Guy Ron, that Top and I were talking about is in South Carolina... So I just may take you up on that offer if I can manage a hunting trip to your region

I know that many like to head out West to hunt, but I myself think that it would be just as fun to head Southeast just to experience that type of whitetail hunting.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like an old buck...but definitely has some character! Also a good cull buck...IMO...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.