Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Well ****

Old 10-03-2003, 06:04 AM

Default Well ****

I bought some tarsal gland and lost my scrape I was going to put it in. I have never used it before so what the hell is the bag in it used for. It is by Code Blue. ALso, I felt likt I would have had a good morning but 5 mins of being in my stand I froze. So I got down just as soon as daylight hit. Another prob is I haven' t seen a deer all year where I seen them by the dozen last year. NOt even a snort at me. Are they all dead or run off somewhere. I live in the river bottoms, I know there are more deer out here.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well ***

1. How do you lose a scrape?
2. Wear warmer clothes.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta ask the same question, how do you lose the scrape? Also it' s always important to layer on the clothing especially if its going to be cool. You can always shed some of the clothing but if you don' t have enough on, you' ll freeze out.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:27 AM

Its tough to see many deer when you' re heading back to the house as soon as the sun comes up. Dress warmer & stick it out. If they were there before, they should still be around.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Harsh , but good advice .
It' s apparent that you' re not anticipating your local weather conditions , and certainly not taking what equipment you need to get by in them . With what little we have to go by I would suggest that you stay home and study before going out again , you' re very likely to end up on the 6:00 o' clock news if you don' t . Any member here will be more than happy to advise you , but you sound like you need to learn a bit first .

Are you , by any chance , from Canada ? If so , the Canadian members here are a great bunch , and they will get you set on the right path .
Old 10-03-2003, 07:06 PM

Well..... you' er definatley not going to get any deer when you get out of your stand at first light.

I agree with the warmer cloths. You will be pretty surprized what you will see if you stay in the stand long enough.

Good luck
Old 10-04-2003, 09:58 AM

Maybe you might wanna think about using a ground blind instead of a stand. It' ll keep you outta the elements and for the cold. take an old coffee can and put a role of toilet inside the can and then soak the tp with a bottle of alchohol and then when you need it light the tp it makes a nice warmer for a blind and alcohol doesnt give off an ordor when your burning it. Tip given to me from one of my older huntin buddies.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:05 AM

Sound to me like you got pissed off about losing you scrape (??????) and didn' t feel like hunting afterwards. Be patient. Be Patient. BE PATIENT!!!!! Don' t give up when you get discouraged. Look for another opportunity. You will get another chance to use that Tarsal Gland.