Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
what do you use your 22 revolvers for >

what do you use your 22 revolvers for

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what do you use your 22 revolvers for

Old 02-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default what do you use your 22 revolvers for

hi guys well as the title says what do you use your 22 revolver for.. i want to know because i am trying to find a good reason to own one thanks in advance for any replies..
Old 02-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

target, small game hunting, pest / varmint snakes.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get a Ruger semi, more accurate...
Old 02-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who needs a reason to own any firearm
Old 02-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trapping. I prefer the ruger semi though so I can just pop the clip in and out. I used to use a single 6 ruger but now I have a ruger MKII and a mkIII. Much easier to work with IMO.

Also used them to put down livestock for slaughter and still do on occasion when I come across a good deal on a live hog or I have a hog roast.

Last edited by rockport; 02-08-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Umm... Is just me??? This seems like an odd question for this particular forum???

BTW Rock, My single six is one of my favorites.

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 02-08-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
Umm... Is just me??? This seems like an odd question for this particular forum???

BTW Rock, My single six is one of my favorites.
Mine disappeared. I loved it but didn't really care for it for trapping. The loading and unloading just wasn't good for trapping for me. Popping the clip in and out was simpler for me.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Mine disappeared.
Ya know? Mine too. I had a long barreled .22/.22 mag convertible, don't remember the brand, that I'm not sure what happened to. I think it probably got stole out of my old pickup -- '76 Chevy with those little triangle-shaped windows on the doors that anyone could open with a pocket knife.

I used to us it to shoot icicles of my Grandma's house back in the day (not recommended!), among other things.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murdy
Ya know? Mine too. I had a long barreled .22/.22 mag convertible, don't remember the brand, that I'm not sure what happened to. I think it probably got stole out of my old pickup -- '76 Chevy with those little triangle-shaped windows on the doors that anyone could open with a pocket knife.

I used to us it to shoot icicles of my Grandma's house back in the day (not recommended!), among other things.
The only brands I know of are Ruger and Heritage. The Ruger is basically the rim fire version of a Blackhawk. I have a Blackhawk .45 colt now...exactly the same but bigger.

I'm not real sure what happened to mine either. It was kind of a beat around gun and I'm just not sure where it went.

You used to be able to pick up the ruger for $100 or so but not anymore.

The Heritage has cocobolo grips and its still pretty cheap I think.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:25 AM
Typical Buck

my father has both an older single six and a new heritage arms 22/22 mag combo. I would recommend the steel frame heritage it's a little more but I feel it's the best choice. price around $250-290. gandermountain has the 22 only with aluminium alloy frame for $199. also you can get extra cylinders for the heritage off their webpage and grips.
http://www.heritagemfg.com/index.cfm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.