Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
what do you use your 22 revolvers for >

what do you use your 22 revolvers for

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what do you use your 22 revolvers for

Old 02-23-2014, 12:10 PM
  #51  
Nontypical Buck
 
rafsob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hayes, Va.
Posts: 2,332
Default

I think it is obvious, old Cammogunner needs to hang out with us for a while. And maybe get him away from his wife or girl friend quick!!!!!
rafsob is offline  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:01 PM
  #52  
Nontypical Buck
 
fastetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,462
Default

We used to carry one out west to finish off deer, but it seemed like we used the to shoot porcupines and the occasional rattler around camp with a jack rabbit mixed in. It really was never a necessity but it wasn't much of a both to add it to my pack.
fastetti is offline  
Old 02-26-2014, 06:20 PM
  #53  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
cammogunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: missouri
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by rafsob
I think it is obvious, old Cammogunner needs to hang out with us for a while. And maybe get him away from his wife or girl friend quick!!!!!
ha ha funny. i bet if i hang out here a while the old guns in my cabinet may breed just a lil bit
cammogunner is offline  
Old 02-26-2014, 07:29 PM
  #54  
Nontypical Buck
 
rafsob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hayes, Va.
Posts: 2,332
Talking

Originally Posted by cammogunner
ha ha funny. i bet if i hang out here a while the old guns in my cabinet may breed just a lil bit
Stay here long enough and we will have you totally corrupted!!!

rafsob is offline  
Old 02-28-2014, 01:28 PM
  #55  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Marriottsville, Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Default

I prefer my Ruger stainless steel Single Six "Hunter" over my Ruger Mark III semi auto. You'll know it's cocked when you pull the hammer back. It has a V-notch rear site, and a gold beaded front sight...which is good for hunting, but still an accurate target shooter. It also has notches for scope rings that Ruger supplies when you buy the pistol. I have a Nikon 3x on top of mine.

It also comes with an extra 22 mag cylinder. I consider the Ruger repair department to be a top notch outfit.

Last edited by Erno86; 02-28-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Erno86 is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 10:38 AM
  #56  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
cammogunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: missouri
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by Erno86
I prefer my Ruger stainless steel Single Six "Hunter" over my Ruger Mark III semi auto. You'll know it's cocked when you pull the hammer back. It has a V-notch rear site, and a gold beaded front sight...which is good for hunting, but still an accurate target shooter. It also has notches for scope rings that Ruger supplies when you buy the pistol. I have a Nikon 3x on top of mine.

It also comes with an extra 22 mag cylinder. I consider the Ruger repair department to be a top notch outfit.
sounds like a pretty nice rig
cammogunner is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:53 AM
  #57  
Spike
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Fayette County, PA
Posts: 44
Default

On monday I used my ruger single 6 pistol to shoot a crow from a tree at about 50 yards I was very suprised I hit because I hadnt fired it in yrs my wife can drive nails with it at 10 yards love that pistol
ShedHound53 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.