Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
what do you use your 22 revolvers for >

what do you use your 22 revolvers for

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what do you use your 22 revolvers for

Old 02-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
Yup Jenks, Walmart is more miss than hit in my area when it comes to .22LR... Did manage to pick up another 325 rounds a few weeks ago, would have bought more had they let me.

I also have .22 auto, and pump action rifles... Definitely burn threw more ammo with the auto.
What is your nearest wal mart?
Old 02-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not sure who you are asking Rockport, but my closest Wal-Mart is at Poplar Bluff--across the state from where Rockport is. Like Lunkerdog, I always kept some and when the supply slowed down, so did my shooting. A gun is pretty useless without ammo, so I want to keep some around. Every deer season I would buy a box or two of ammo and only shoot a few. I never got into reloading, didn't have a place I thought I could do it. If I hit the lottery I will build an outbuilding with workbenches for that kind of thing. Having advanced in age, I don't do much hunting, but I do like to shoot every now and then. A .22 LR is hard to beat for some plinking without disturbing the neighborhood.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
What is your nearest wal mart?
The two closest are about 30 miles each. One is in a suburb of Duluth which is SE of us. The other is in my hometown of Cloquet which is due South.

Depending on what else we're shopping for, we can also go about 40 miles North to Virginia, or about 45 miles NW to Hibbing.

Again, depending on what else we're looking for there is one in West Duluth, about 40 miles, or across the bridge to Superior WI. at 45+ miles, and another in Grand Rapids about 50 miles West.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The two closest are about 30 miles each. One is in a suburb of Duluth which is SE of us. The other is in my hometown of Cloquet which is due South.

Depending on what else we're shopping for, we can also go about 40 miles North to Virginia, or about 45 miles NW to Hibbing.

Again, depending on what else we're looking for there is one in West Duluth, about 40 miles, or across the bridge to Superior WI. at 45+ miles, and another in Grand Rapids about 50 miles West.
Did you see the ammo tracking sight I posted in the other thread?
Old 02-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should add that anytime I go to any store that sells handgun ammo I always check to see whats on hand... I'm looking for signs that the insanity is subsiding... Not much luck so far.

Another cartridge that I can never find is the .380.

Two that I can almost always find are the .40 S&W, and the .38 Special.

Some cartridges are coming back around a bit, but the .22LR, and the .380 are almost extinct. I honestly haven't seen a .380 round on the shelf for over a year now.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should add that anytime I go to any store that sells handgun ammo I always check to see whats on hand... I'm looking for signs that the insanity is subsiding... Not much luck so far.

Another cartridge that I can never find is the .380.

Two that I can almost always find are the .40 S&W, and the .38 Special.

Some cartridges are coming back around a bit, but the .22LR, and the .380 are almost extinct. I honestly haven't seen a .380 round on the shelf for over a year now.
Looks like the Hibbing store just got some .380
Old 02-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Looks like the Hibbing store just got some .380
Didn't see the ammo tracking link... What thread is it in?
Old 02-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't see the ammo tracking link... What thread is it in?
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns...22lr-ammo.html
Old 02-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, found the link, and bookmarked it... Thanks Dude!!!

I actually have plenty of both, but will buy more when I find it... Will be paying attention to that site as we plan our shopping.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ROFLMAO!!! talk about timing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.