Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Lease for the season or buy 5 day hunt from outfitter? >

Lease for the season or buy 5 day hunt from outfitter?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lease for the season or buy 5 day hunt from outfitter?

Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

I mostly hunt public, have thought about leasing from time to time, but have no interest in outfitters.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

I'm gonna start calling you Barney fife, I think it suits you well.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

It all depends on how far away is the leased property? Is it a 1 yr deal or can it be more? How much time do you really think you can put in scouting hanging stands ect. It can be great either way. But in my experiences is when you go into a lease with a friend or small group somebody will hunt it a lot more than you and it can create conflicts and hard feeling? If its close to your home and you will get the most out of it I would obiouvsly say to lease. But watch the partner buddy buddy group. Good luck
Old 02-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by logancbeeman
I'm gonna start calling you Barney fife, I think it suits you well.
***You've already had stuff deleted on the other thread by the Moderator because you were nasty. Why extend it out again on this thread? The guy is just asking simple questions here and you haven't given anything but static in reply!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by gonewest
It all depends on how far away is the leased property? Is it a 1 yr deal or can it be more? How much time do you really think you can put in scouting hanging stands ect. It can be great either way. But in my experiences is when you go into a lease with a friend or small group somebody will hunt it a lot more than you and it can create conflicts and hard feeling? If its close to your home and you will get the most out of it I would obiouvsly say to lease. But watch the partner buddy buddy group. Good luck
***Are you aware that the OP has land he wants to allow others to hunt on and not that he's looking to hunt somewhere else? He wants to know if he should sign a lease with one or more hunters for an entire season or charge a straight fee for a person to hunt so many days on his land like for a 5 day hunt, etc.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:41 PM
JW
Super Moderator

My opinion for the least amount of work for the best buck. Lease!

As said the right people using your land, treat the land as if its their own and look out for your best interests.

Try that for a year.

Ask fellow land owners in your area what they do as I am sure they have been asked by people to either lease or hunt their land.
With a lease you set the rules. You can limit the number of people for the lease. You can require the leasees to carry liability insurance and show proof of that insurance. by all means protect yourself.

I do know outfitters lease land and they should. Nothing worse to me is for me to be on public and in piles an outfitter there to use the same land. I run into that all the time bird hunting in certain states and it just drives me wild. Most are courteous and leave me alone as I try to leave them alone but as of late I have run into a few who have no scruples.

Just some ideas.

JW
Old 02-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***Are you aware that the OP has land he wants to allow others to hunt on and not that he's looking to hunt somewhere else? He wants to know if he should sign a lease with one or more hunters for an entire season or charge a straight fee for a person to hunt so many days on his land like for a 5 day hunt, etc.
You must be very bored. You stick your nose in everyones business. Lets hear the one about Mitch and the world record whitetail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***You've already had stuff deleted on the other thread by the Moderator because you were nasty. Why extend it out again on this thread? The guy is just asking simple questions here and you haven't given anything but static in reply!!!

and?
I got my post deleted for saying the other word for a donkey.
so it was deleted for cursing. and i talked to the moderator and it's all good.
are you reading the whole thread or just my post?
the guys not asking simple questions
he's soliciting, or attempting to do so poorly.
so once again he's barney fife
and you're either goober or gomer.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lease all the way. You look forward to an outfitter hunt and after 5 days your done for the year. You earn it more with a lease/your own property by putting up stands, learning the deer and do the leg work yourself.

This is seems to be starting to turn into AT where if a thread lasts longer than a page its all arguing and name calling. I hope some people can acting a little more grown up on here and quit arguing about the smallest things.