Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Red Tag Hunting (Doe Harvest 02/03/14) >

Red Tag Hunting (Doe Harvest 02/03/14)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Red Tag Hunting (Doe Harvest 02/03/14)

Old 02-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Spike

Default Red Tag Hunting (Doe Harvest 02/03/14)

With most people wrapping up their deer season we are transitioning over into red tag season. Red tag season is a special season between February 1st and September 28th that allows hunters to harvest antler-less deer on participating farms that deal with significant destruction of crops from deer. We were really blessed to get a deer on the night of 02/03/14 about 20 minutes before dark. My buddy Josh had hunting all archery, rifle, and flintlock season without harvesting a deer. At about 5:15 two deer stepped out at roughly 360 yards. When the deer turned broadside Josh sent a 180 grain Hornady superformance from his Browning X-bolt chambered in 300 Win Mag down range and capitalized the opportunity. Anyone else do any red tag hunting?

Here is a link to the video: http://youtu.be/DRyuX7WbYzE
Old 02-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Spike

I live near uniontown and havnt heard of anyone red tag hunting around here I sure could use 1 more deer
Old 02-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Spike

I encourage you to go to your local PGC Regional Office they can provide you a list of red tag farms in the counties that they cover
Old 02-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The deer come out right by a posted sign. Does PA have any type of rule tieing red tag to land open to hunters?