Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Food Plot Success?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:13 AM
Spike

me and my brother planted soy beans on are farm last year. my plot was about an acre. It had 8 rows of corn surrounding it to make them feel safe with beans in the middle. then I had a small plot of brassicas clover and some other stuff mix together then some more corn then another small food plot with brassicas and clover mix. My beans grew good but when they lost the leaves and it had just the beans the deer pick them clean very quick, and they mowed down my middle food plot that had the mix clover in it but they didn't touch the lower plot. Then when we got this bitter cold wheather they have been in the lower food plot a lot it looks like a heard of sheep, they tore it up. Im very happy with the way it turned out this year I plan on plant a small plot in the woods hoping the big bucks walk around in the daylight before they make their way to the fields. My brother planted a little more than an acre of beans. they didn't eat his down until late season which it worked out good. My plots are only 3 to 400 yards apart so they hit mine early season then his late season.