Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
My 10 year olds first deer with a bow video!  So proud of my son! >

My 10 year olds first deer with a bow video! So proud of my son!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My 10 year olds first deer with a bow video! So proud of my son!

Old 01-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Spike

Default My 10 year olds first deer with a bow video! So proud of my son!

http://vimeo.com/76824281

Here is a video of my son getting his first ever deer with a bow at 10 years old. He is so proud of his deer and the fact of being on video! I am one very proud dad, and love showing this video!

Thanks,
Shane
Old 01-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty professional looking video there and good job getting your boy started and hooked on hunting. Welcome to the site and here's hoping you guys have many good years together in the outdoors!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome. My boy switched from crossbow to compound at 10 years old and he loves it. I got him a Bowtech Diamond Infinite Edge for Christmas. What kind of bow is your boy using and what poundage? My boy is 11 and his bow is currently at 50lbs. He hasn't shot any game with it yet. We shot it through a chrony yesterday at 211fps.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

very nice video, congrats on the deer to you and your son. Special moment for sure.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Awesome. My boy switched from crossbow to compound at 10 years old and he loves it. I got him a Bowtech Diamond Infinite Edge for Christmas. What kind of bow is your boy using and what poundage? My boy is 11 and his bow is currently at 50lbs. He hasn't shot any game with it yet. We shot it through a chrony yesterday at 211fps.
My son is shooting a Hoyt Ruckus set at 38lbs. I have never chrono checked it, but 38lbs it isn't going extremely fast, but as you can see in the video, it does get great penetration. I believe it would have went right through the deer, but at the angle she was and where he had to hit it, it lodged the broadhead in the off shoulder and broke the arrow as she was running. Thank you all for taking the time to watch this and thanks for the great comments.

Shane
Old 01-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great Video and fun to watch. Is that a high dollar camera or an average priced one? Looking for something compatible with my Macbook Air that is easy to video with as well as upload videos.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son is shooting a Hoyt Ruckus set at 38lbs. I have never chrono checked it, but 38lbs it isn't going extremely fast, but as you can see in the video, it does get great penetration. I believe it would have went right through the deer, but at the angle she was and where he had to hit it, it lodged the broadhead in the off shoulder and broke the arrow as she was running. Thank you all for taking the time to watch this and thanks for the great comments.
My boy's bow was at 38lbs last year and he got similar penetration. No pass-through, but enough to get the vitals. I think his bow was around 160fps at 38lbs. With good broadheads, that will get it done. I picked his shots for him and 20 yards and under was what I gave him. I can't wait to see what his new bow does on game. Gotta wait until October, though.....
Old 01-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations on your fine whitetail harvest! Great shot!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Spike

Great video, great shot, and thanks for sharing!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Spike

Kid made a terrific shot on a great first deer and the video was put together well too. Thanks for sharing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.