Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shed Antler Traps

Old 12-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Ive never done it we are never allowed to bait any wild animals. I just walk and look but Ive heard bungee cords work pretty well and also hog panels from people that did it back before the law change. Even back then though I just walked and looked. It gives me a reason to scout.
What about feeding them? Putting feed in a 5 gallon bucket to knock sheds off wouldn't be baiting for the purpose of killing deer.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
What about feeding them? Putting feed in a 5 gallon bucket to knock sheds off wouldn't be baiting for the purpose of killing deer.
No its a disease thing. No feeding deer what so ever.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't say what so ever. You can do food plots and stuff like that.

Last edited by rockport; 12-28-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
No its a disease thing. No feeding wild life what so ever.
Ya mean ya can't even have a bird feeder, or is it just a deer thing?

I don't know if they've banned feeding here in MN. in the areas where they've found CWD, but am guessing that they have.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here in MI they had a no feeding law for some time, as well as no baiting during the hunting seasons. Then they lifted it and now there is a small quantity like maybe two gallons that you can put out every day and I believe it still has to be spread out in at least a 10'x10' area and not dumped in a pile. I've never liked baiting of any sort for deer because all it does is make them more nocturnal that they already are, especially during the time of the year when many seasons are open. Bird feeders hung up where the deer can't get at them are exempt.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
Ya mean ya can't even have a bird feeder, or is it just a deer thing?

I don't know if they've banned feeding here in MN. in the areas where they've found CWD, but am guessing that they have.
To be honest I don't know the specifics for sure because I have no interest in baiting.

I think their are exceptions for squirrel and bird feeders in residential areas and also for accidental feeding of deer by way of trying to feed livestock.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default great thinking

Originally Posted by kenified06
You could weave miles of fishing line all through the woods about 4 foot high
Now i know what to do with my old fishing line. I like that one.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

rockport, I would hate to have to much to drink and fall in your living room floor!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kenified06
rockport, I would hate to have to much to drink and fall in your living room floor!
lol just me getting them out to look at them one day while the wife was at work......then back to the basement before she got home.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a GREAT way to kill a lot bucks needlessly. Bad idea in my book.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.